New Penn | New Penn-Wilson interline ending..

a9faninnc

TB Legend
Credits
I hear this partnership is ending for whatever reason.It was a dependable service on both ends from what I hear.Wish you guys the best.

alot of that freight started to go to holland, but wilson still did va. and i beleive our florida freight. wonder what the reason beind the split is? it's either yrc stupidity once again telling npme how to make money when they just can't seem to get it right themselfs, or o'kane made a deal with wilson that to get the business they had to sever all ties with npme. it's going to be a real tough next few months at npme.

alot of that freight started to go to holland, but wilson still did va. and i beleive our florida freight. wonder what the reason beind the split is? it's either yrc stupidity once again telling npme how to make money when they just can't seem to get it right themselfs, or o'kane made a deal with wilson that to get the business they had to sever all ties with npme. it's going to be a real tough next few months at npme.

Pyle does there interlining with SEFL. I guess we will be forced to give our Va. and Florida freight to YRC. That should be interesting!!!!!

I asked my super today about the Wilson/New Penn rumour. He said today (friday) was the last day for interline. He heard they will now interline with Ward Trucking. So we'll see Monday if in fact it is true.

i think it goes like this. wilson is no longer useing npme to interline there freight with in the N/E, they have decided to use ward trucking. npme, on the other hand is still useing wilson for florida and va. freight deliverys,and some other southern areas. wilson still continues to do a good job delivery wise for us in those areas.

I asked my super today about the Wilson/New Penn rumour. He said today (friday) was the last day for interline. He heard they will now interline with Ward Trucking. So we'll see Monday if in fact it is true.
When we were having troubles a Ward driver told one of our guys that they were told to not badmouth YRC at all or they would be written up immediately....maybe the plan has been in the works for awhile.

When we were having troubles a Ward driver told one of our guys that they were told to not badmouth YRC at all or they would be written up immediately....maybe the plan has been in the works for awhile.

With the service we provided each other,I can about guarantee nothing bad will be said about NP,in a negative way, on our end.This relationship lasted at least 10 years and I never heard anything negative about service.As I said before,we wish you guys the best.

I was told we are still giving freight to Wilson,it was Wilson that is no longer giving it to us..mainly because of the mess YRC had at the end of the year...Wilson is now using Ward and Land-air to deliver the Northeast again this is what I was told...It came from management,so take it for what it is worth..

Spotted a Wilson trailer being worked last night at #23. It was sent out today with a city driver to deliver headload.

Yeah we're still getting a little bit of Wilson interline freight here in Baltimore. But it is usually freight that Ward/Land-Aire can't handle. Not near the amount we used to get, so it's pretty much over with the Wison/New Penn partnership.

i know that there are some that don't like the fact that this relationship has ended. i'm not one of those people. i speak with several drivers who deliver alot of Wilson frt and we compare the revenue made on NP's end and it always seems we come out on the short end of the stick. obviously i can only speak to what goes on in our terminal but if you wanna ship to the metro NYC area, you're gonna have to pay and i just wasn't seeing that. there were no charges for liftgates or inside deliveries. you know, typical non-union co. crap ! i asked management about it and they pretty much confirmed what i was thinking : not enough $$$ was coming in from this frt being delivered in the NYC area. now that Holland has took over, the revenue made has made a dramatic jump. now only that, NP has been able to keep these same customers and the Holland guys have more frt. from what's been told to us up here, there has been no problems with the service between NP & Holland. i'm glad we've been able to keep the frt "in house", if ya know what i mean.

i know that there are some that don't like the fact that this relationship has ended. i'm not one of those people. i speak with several drivers who deliver alot of Wilson frt and we compare the revenue made on NP's end and it always seems we come out on the short end of the stick. obviously i can only speak to what goes on in our terminal but if you wanna ship to the metro NYC area, you're gonna have to pay and i just wasn't seeing that. there were no charges for liftgates or inside deliveries. you know, typical non-union co. crap ! i asked management about it and they pretty much confirmed what i was thinking : not enough $$$ was coming in from this frt being delivered in the NYC area. now that Holland has took over, the revenue made has made a dramatic jump. now only that, NP has been able to keep these same customers and the Holland guys have more frt. from what's been told to us up here, there has been no problems with the service between NP & Holland. i'm glad we've been able to keep the frt "in house", if ya know what i mean.

U/Trucka, your NYC/Metro area is unique and believe you me, I couldn't agree with you more about keeping it in house. Hollands partnership is more important to New Penn than a lot of people realize.

Congrats on keeping it "in house".However,if your companies revenue was THAT low on the freight,I don't think the relationship would have lasted as long as it did.I don't think either company was that hard up for freight over the years.

Congrats on keeping it "in house".However,if your companies revenue was THAT low on the freight,I don't think the relationship would have lasted as long as it did.I don't think either company was that hard up for freight over the years.

i agree about with your point on the revenue for both NP & Wilson not being a totally big issue but alot of this frt. was priced right for the longest and then, boom ! , sh*tty rates for the same frt, for the same customers, for the same metro NYC area started showing up. maybe both co.'s were trying to keep the frt from going to a competitor ? i haven't a clue but i guess they said enough is enough. from what i've been told, NP bosses in Lebanon are very shrewd folks.

I was told it is not to worry as it was only about 5% of the inbound but if your term does on avg 400 bills that would suck if your near the bottom of the list :ranting: Less inbound =less guys on the street :thumbsdown: =harder for dispatchers to make pick-ups.. :stirthepot:
Rocket science at its finest :TR10driving03: