FedEx Freight | New Pete"s

KWDriver

TB Lurker
Credits
Is anyone finding out the new Pete's show going 65 but only going 62? WE have 2 and it's going to the shop tonight to get reprogramed.

Is anyone finding out the new Pete's show going 65 but only going 62? WE have 2 and it's going to the shop tonight to get reprogramed.[/QUOTE

Pull fuse-B5, K17 and K18, and close doors, cluster will say "loss of communication" leave doors shut until cluster goes dark. Open door, reinstall fuses. This is a CECU reset and usually corrects issues like your having. Also usually corrects loss of das lights, guage issues or loss of window power, its first step to try for any weird cab related issues.

Pull fuse-B5, K17 and K18, and close doors, cluster will say "loss of communication" leave doors shut until cluster goes dark. Open door, reinstall fuses. This is a CECU reset and usually corrects issues like your having. Also usually corrects loss of das lights, guage issues or loss of window power, its first step to try for any weird cab related issues.
Also, side note: be careful about the fuses in the panel, the design can be a little confusing if your not used to looking at it.

In my Pete it's set up that if I hit 66 it's right back down to 63 and starts climbing back up. Damn thing loves 64mph. Here in the mountain states we asked for more torque to pull the hills ( I know that's a joke to have FedEx listen) now this Pete has no pulling power.

In my Pete it's set up that if I hit 66 it's right back down to 63 and starts climbing back up. Damn thing loves 64mph. Here in the mountain states we asked for more torque to pull the hills ( I know that's a joke to have FedEx listen) now this Pete has no pulling power.
Yeeeees, the “droop”, as they call, it SUCKS out loud!! Dropping back to 63mph before the damn thing will take fuel again sucks...not to mention it kills whatever little momentum you had before hitting a hill!! :17113:

The one I had rode too rough to make out what the spedo was saying

I'd honestly like the shake the hand of every member of the suspension team on the current gen Petes. They HAD to set out to make the worst riding tractor in history, and to that I say, Mission frikin accomplished!

You may want to have your suspension(ride height?) tires, etc, looked at, and/or 5th wheel positioning.
The Cummmins X15 we have is the efficiency series(not the performance series) so the parameters in the ECM (I would just be guessing) may lean toward that Efficiency goal if you will. Every PM all tractors are PowerSpec'd, so whatever(if any) changes the company, Cummins, can be made. Eaton also has parameters. So the whole thing is one big beautiful happy machine!

Every PM all tractors are PowerSpec'd, so whatever(if any) changes the company, Cummins, can be made.
This may happen at some/most shops but our shop refuses to power spec anything!! According to our mechanics, “most of Cummings updates don’t have anything to do with our equipment and they usually do more harm than good” so they just refuse to do it. We have to go to other shops and beg them to do it for us!! :idunno:

Had a mechanic at another shop tell me my tractor was 6 updates behind, after he power spec’d the ECM it ran/pulled like a different truck!!

Still can’t figure out why 40K lbs takes off like two empties and two empties takes off like you’re dragging 40K lbs though!! :scratchhead: