Central Transport | New Peterbilts

coondogg

Freight Herder
Credits
In Columbus, OH, CT has a ton of brand new trucks showing up lately.

The only problem is that they don't have license plates yet, just a registration sheet taped to the inside of the windshield.

Discuss.

Hey coondogg you with ct?
No. I just ran into one of their drivers the other day and asked about the new trucks and what the deal was with the sheet of paper taped to the inside of the windshield. He said Columbus got something like 35 new trucks, but none of them have plates yet.

I spoke too soon; saw one today without a plate, sporting the registration in the window. I guess they have a ways to go before they get them all ready for prime time. I gotta say, I've never seen a company pull that move.

I spoke too soon; saw one today without a plate, sporting the registration in the window. I guess they have a ways to go before they get them all ready for prime time. I gotta say, I've never seen a company pull that move.
You guys are ridiculous. The company bought 582 new Petes and 2700 new freight liners this year. You guys can't stand the fact that Central is better than the home of a company you work for. Hope you are enjoying all your restrictions and cameras mounted all over your trucks because the company knows not to trust your lazy, pup pulling asses

You guys are ridiculous. The company bought 582 new Petes and 2700 new freight liners this year. You guys can't stand the fact that Central is better than the home of a company you work for. Hope you are enjoying all your restrictions and cameras mounted all over your trucks because the company knows not to trust your lazy, pup pulling asses

Dude, we get it, your standards are so low that you think Crapola Transport is the best there is. I'd say you should go get your head checked, but I doubt that joke of an insurance policy that Matty Moron gives you would even cover the examination fee.

I made 78000 last year and was given a new truck to drive. I have a TM that actually cares about his drivers and I don't work weekends. I can deal with paying a little bit more for insurance. If you were treated differently than that than you must have not been worth the trouble:17:

The Central of 5 years ago is not the Central of today. The company has made huge improvements to improve there image. I have worked for Dayton, Preston, and Vitran, and Conway. I would say 100% that Central treats there drivers better

I definitely agree the grass is not always greener. No matter where you go there's gonna be BS it's just the nature of the business. I'm with AAA and we certainly have our fair share of junk. Glad to see ct getting you guys New equipment .

Yeah and to make that 78 grand, you had to work 60-70 hours a week with no overtime.

I'll stick to my $90,000 a year working 9 hours a night and getting good insurance for $35 a week (insurance that doctors and hospitals have actually HEARD OF before, too).

I definitely agree the grass is not always greener. No matter where you go there's gonna be BS it's just the nature of the business. I'm with AAA and we certainly have our fair share of junk. Glad to see ct getting you guys New equipment .
I may be driving a new truck now but I will drive a old truck any day if your treated with respect and actually enjoy your job and the people you work with. All the guys I work with are friends and laugh and joke around everyday. It's nice not to hear complaining each and everyday at work

Yeah and to make that 78 grand, you had to work 60-70 hours a week with no overtime.

I'll stick to my $90,000 a year working 9 hours a night and getting good insurance for $35 a week (insurance that doctors and hospitals have actually HEARD OF before, too).
Glad to hear your so successful. Good luck to ya. By the way I don't work 60-70 hours per week. In case you have not heard our pay scale was increased and I'm 100% positive you are lying. I know who you work for and they do not pay that much at 9 hours per night

Glad to hear your so successful. Good luck to ya. By the way I don't work 60-70 hours per week. In case you have not heard our pay scale was increased and I'm 100% positive you are lying. I know who you work for and they do not pay that much at 9 hours per night

577 miles per night = 2885 miles a week
2885 X 60 CPM = $1731 per week
$1731 X 52 weeks = $90,012 per year

Guess my calculator is broken since you're 100% I'm lying.