Central Transport | New Peterbilts

You guys are ridiculous. The company bought 582 new Petes and 2700 new freight liners this year. You guys can't stand the fact that Central is better than the home of a company you work for. Hope you are enjoying all your restrictions and cameras mounted all over your trucks because the company knows not to trust your lazy, pup pulling asses
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: Geez dude lay off the narcotics, it's affecting you in a strange way. You keep talking like that and the rubber room is in your future.

I spoke too soon; saw one today without a plate, sporting the registration in the window. I guess they have a ways to go before they get them all ready for prime time. I gotta say, I've never seen a company pull that move.
You guys are ridiculous. The company bought 582 new Petes and 2700 new freight liners this year. You guys can't stand the fact that Central is better than the home of a company you work for. Hope you are enjoying all your restrictions and cameras mounted all over your trucks because the company knows not to trust your lazy, pup pulling asses
I was making an observation, not a judgement. The fact is I've never seen dozens of trucks (or even just 1 truck) run around for weeks with registration paperwork taped to the windshield instead of license plates. You must admit it's a little weird. Clearly, you are overly sensitive. I'm plenty happy where I am, where there happens to be no cameras (yet) and no pups. I didn't insult you. Why did you feel the need to call me lazy? Strange.

Anyway, I'm happy for you that you like the company you work for. Your company could use a few more cheerleaders. I hope they continue to turn things around.

The paper tag is just the temp tags. Same thing happened when we got the Freightliners. Nothing new and not a big deal.

Although, here's a question for good ol' Mr Perfect.

I've been here for years and not once have I seen us sitting drivers all over the place like we are now. We're hemmoraging manpower, Linehaul guys in our region are lucky to turn 300 a night and no dock time, and we have to fight to get corporate to let or TM bring enough city guys in to run the territory we are trying to cover.

And we can get all the new trucks in the world, but they're sending us the worst trailers I've ever seen. What good are new trucks when we're constantly getting kicked out of customers without getting loaded?

Just a thought from a long term CT guy, who's about ready to say screw it at this point.

The paper tag is just the temp tags. Same thing happened when we got the Freightliners. Nothing new and not a big deal.

Although, here's a question for good ol' Mr Perfect.

I've been here for years and not once have I seen us sitting drivers all over the place like we are now. We're hemmoraging manpower, Linehaul guys in our region are lucky to turn 300 a night and no dock time, and we have to fight to get corporate to let or TM bring enough city guys in to run the territory we are trying to cover.

And we can get all the new trucks in the world, but they're sending us the worst trailers I've ever seen. What good are new trucks when we're constantly getting kicked out of customers without getting loaded?

Just a thought from a long term CT guy, who's about ready to say screw it at this point.
Same thing is happening here aat aaa. Our Bill count is almost half of what is normal for the last 4 months. Drivers sitting home daily at my barn. I got sent home today!

Central will treat you decent untill you buck the system, then you get black listed and fired. No way he's making that much money with no overtime till after 55 hours a week. I am still friends with all my central buddies, they're getting 7 hours a day In the city. Oh and they've had 2 dock guys fall off the dock this year so far because the dock bumpers are missing, Cherokee insurance will take care of that. Good luck finding a doctor who has even heard of it before.they refuse to fix up the terminals. I was embarrassed to show my friends and family where I worked. Lol dude needs a random. Oh yeah they prob don't do those anymore cuz they don't care if u do drugs prob because they wouldn't be able to get anyone to replace you. Those new trucks will be nice till they break down and central won't fix them. I don't know who your kidding, I worked there for 3 years and would go flip burgers before going back to that hell hole

577 in 9 hrs is 64.1111 mph not including drop/hook pre/post trip inspection

9 hours drive time. If you count pre/post trip and the stupid 30 min break then it's around 9:50 a night because rarely ever have to build or break the sets. Truck runs 66 mph and the actual hub miles for the run are 568 but it pays 577 in the system. Not going to question that... lol

Last edited:
9 hours drive time. If you count pre/post trip and the stupid 30 min break then it's around 9:50 a night because rarely ever have to build or break the sets. Truck runs 66 mph and the actual hub miles for the run are 568 but it pays 577 in the system. Not going to question that... lol
63.111 mph average in9 hrs.in a 66mph truck?

I could careless bout the time I get in. 1.5hr naps every night so I will be good and rested when I get home or to the hotel and can do other things besides passing out.

I get home quick and get to bed so I can wake up earlier and spend time with the family. Couldn't sleep during the night if I tried...

They track the new trucks with the dolphins.

I started noticing the **** yellow Petes a couple weeks ago. I'm still not used to seeing CT trucks that aren't total junk running the roads.
Since 2014 Central has been steadily purchasing new trucks. I've hauled into the majority of terminals in the upper Midwest and can honestly say the oldest trucks they have on the road are 2014 Freighliners. They really have made some strides with getting new equipment on the road!

I spoke too soon; saw one today without a plate, sporting the registration in the window. I guess they have a ways to go before they get them all ready for prime time. I gotta say, I've never seen a company pull that move.
Haven't you ever purchased a new vehicle before? You get a yellow temporary sheet of paper to tape in the window until the state gets around to issuing your license plates. 100% legal - who would want to let brand new trucks sit idle on a technicality? I'd hate to be the manager that has to tell his drivers they can't touch the new equipment because the state hasn't issued plates yet...if it wasn't legal they would all be pulled over at every weigh station don't you think?