New phone scam,caller asks (CAN YOU HEAR ME?),hang up quick.

I got a call about lowering the interest on my credit card.I asked which one,the caller says what do you have?
I asked how are going to lower my interest when you don't know which cards I have?
Then I hung up,checked out the number which had my area code.Did a search & found the number & called.
A woman answered & didn't have a clue why I was calling,I told her someone just called me from her number.
She said she hadn't made any calls,so I told her someone was using her number.
She really was frightened &hung up,I never heard anything from that number again.

Now I get calls where I've won a trip & I just need to give my name & address so they can send the ticket.
I hang up & call the number right back,with a recording that the number is no longer in service.
I know with this latest scam if I don't recognize the number I'm just going to hang up with out a peep.
These scammers are really getting clever to try to get our information.

A couple of blocks away you go there much?
Although from the looks of this photo,the entire town looks as if it is only one block.
Not for nothing,I can't recall seeing such a small desert town.
You got a post office,if so I can see this would be officially a town.

A couple of blocks away you go there much?
Although from the looks of this photo,the entire town looks as if it is only one block.
Not for nothing,I can't recall seeing such a small desert town.
You got a post office,if so I can see this would be officially a town.
19155458568_c844176512_b.jpg

I know thats right,my small village has one signal light & a post office,I'm not very far from the larger city of Rochester,NY.
Although far enough where its still a rural farming community.

When I was first married I lived in the city 12 & a half years for free.
I had a double house where the rent I received took care of my mortgage & utilities.

Even though I had it made for housing when this small farm came on the market,I sold the double,the rest is history.

So they ask "Can you hear me"?
Just answer with "Is anybody out there"? OR shout "SPEAK UP" or use a whistle!!
Answer their question with a question and they'll most likely disconnect (especially if first you use a whistle).
- - - -
You still have a land line?
Countless people have landlines.
Businesses and Corporations still use 'em.
Our fettered fumbling fools (gubmint) have Landlines.
Whether or not someone has a Landline, they're still tied to something, unless back to cans and string or Telepathy.
Save some money and your your neighbor's phone (except if your neighbor is 4+ miles away).

Fear not, your electronic device will fail you soon enough or report your non compliant activities (p*on shops, strip clubs, "crack" houses, midnight auto parts shops, Canadian and/or other country pharmaceutical purchases) to some information gathering construct as well keep "an eye on you" through your electronic device (like your camera) as well your location (for homeland security purposes).
"Your calls may be recorded for quality assurance/training purposes" and thank you for supporting the N.S.A.

CHUCKLES signing off. :stirthepot:

Theres another thing you can do with unknown callers,is to blow there ear drums out.
With one of those plastic air-horns attached to an aerosol can of air.

Theres another thing you can do with unknown callers,is to blow there ear drums out.
With one of those plastic air-horns attached to an aerosol can of air.
i have a policeman's whistle. used it a few times, they'd get pissed off, recall me back at a later time...now, i usually do not even answer any phone, calls go directly to an answering machine, or voicemail.

I simply block the incoming number. I quit reporting to donot call list. They run millions upon millions in violations and collected essentially nothing in fines. Once in a great while someone manages to find my relay and try to get in on that. Those are reported to OIG. As a recent SS scam attempt in bad english once.

I know not to say anything if someone asked a question that I know nothing of, from who, what, where and so forth. I do not wish the voice print to be captured and then uploaded for further scams against me. Yes by captured voice or similar would defeat some positive processes in place these days.

I basically quit worrying about phones when I got sidelined. Or put sideways as it were. Ive had a life time of that bs and put it away. Nothing but peace and quiet.

IF it's really important they will find me in person. Anything else is BS and a waste of time. Including dispatchers who take too many hours to make a decision on a load that is late already 5 minutes to their quitting time.