Yellow | New plan to eliminate hostlers...

Why would they not just train dock people to use the yard horses they already own? If you have read what Wong’s girlfriend, Stephanie has been saying,” utility positions, better driver production, running the place like it should be.” Maybe road doing their own hooks too?

Or. Like they used to.
If medically disqualified and could still hostile without causing problems allow them to hostile. I hostled six years before the merger. (medical disqualification) Then they said drivers only.
OK. Their loss. And the yard is one big pot hole anyway.

We got just the thing to take care of those pot holes and other yard obstructions.

x2X1Bwm.jpg

Or. Like they used to.
If medically disqualified and could still hostile without causing problems allow them to hostile. I hostled six years before the merger. (medical disqualification) Then they said drivers only.
OK. Their loss. And the yard is one big pot hole anyway.

They want to turn us into Con-way labor flexibility its not going to work well with the elogs and out of shape older drivers no way road drivers are going to work the dock I hate putting sets together and going to the rail.

They want to turn us into Con-way labor flexibility its not going to work well with the elogs and out of shape older drivers no way road drivers are going to work the dock I hate putting sets together and going to the rail.

Well, I’m not particularly stoked to make a set for you while I still have a couple hundred bills to load, because 25% of my shift called off sick.... while you sit in the break room and post your drivel on TB or Twitter or some other social media and have your bff on an open conversation on your phone.

‘The times, they are a-changing!’

Dock men will spot their own trailers and avoid having to wait for hostlers to do the job. No CDL required either.

2011-07-19-182026.jpg

Motorized-Electric-Tractor-trailer-mover-tug.jpg

http://www.cartmule.com/en/motorize...actor-trailer-mover-tug-heavy-duty-lift-dolly
that almost looks like the autonomous tractor
Dock men will spot their own trailers and avoid having to wait for hostlers to do the job. No CDL required either.

2011-07-19-182026.jpg

Motorized-Electric-Tractor-trailer-mover-tug.jpg

http://www.cartmule.com/en/motorize...actor-trailer-mover-tug-heavy-duty-lift-dolly

As you fellas can see, management isn’t rushing to the table to announce to the investing world the positive outlook on a new contract and future business. Wonder why? Cause time is on there side? Or something else? Company cheerleaders, have at it...

Well, I’m not particularly stoked to make a set for you while I still have a couple hundred bills to load, because 25% of my shift called off sick.... while you sit in the break room and post your drivel on TB or Twitter or some other social media and have your bff on an open conversation on your phone.

‘The times, they are a-changing!’

You're telling me, they don't do this anymore? My, times have changed!

You're telling me, they don't do this anymore? My, times have changed!

If one is not proficient across multiple classifications, then that person is a liability at an EoL, imho.

At a major break, I can understand. Not necessarily support, but understand. If we were still a regulated industry, the margins might allow, yet we are not.

Multiple times in my tenure in freight, I have survived merely because of my willingness to do the job or take the shift, others were not.

Job protection is important, but so are profit margins with a multi-talented labor force, duly compensated across classifications.