FedEx Freight | New Poll-Opposing view or called on the BS?

Guardrail

TB Legend
Credits
I received some red bennies from someone because what I think is sour grapes. I'm going to keep this anonymous (yeah, the smart ones will figure it out) but read the back and forth and vote whether you think this member has sour grapes or was justified giving them.

Guardrail said:
What's the problem? I wouldn't want someone driving a motor that was UI. It might be a PITA, but I wouldn't complain.

Other Guy said:
The reason you all should have a problem with it is that it violates your 4Th Amendment rights to illegal search and seizure.

What if they wanted to check your guns to make sure they were lawful? I'd bet you'd have a real hissy fit.

Guardrail said:
When you came to work here you consented to random drug tests, no violation. You also agreed to allow search of your person and property, so you better not have your guns on company property.

Other Guy said:
Ah, no, when I came to work here, there was no such thing. To keep my job I consented.

Doesn't make it right. Nor does it make the motoring public one bit safer.

I never said I had weapons on company property. My comment was if the jack booted thugs came to your house just to make sure you were all legal with your guns, you would have a fit. (Maybe not YOU, but the "collective" "you".)

It's a infringment, but allowed by the Supreme Court. What do you think would happen if they suddenly started randomly testing Joe Public at check points? The S would hit the fan.

Guardrail said:
They do. Doesn't your town do the DUI check points? Same thing. Quit being a ::shit:: disturber.