TForce | New Pups

skeeterhawk

TB Lurker
Credits
2 new pups arrived in memphis today. they look real good. the guy that pulled them in said they were built in Swannee, IL. ( don't know if that is spelled right...LOL) he said they were the first 2 built just 2 days ago.

i wouldn't want to be the first person to put a dent in it. door frames are stainless steel.

skeeterhawk said:
2 new pups arrived in memphis today. they look real good. the guy that pulled them in said they were built in Swannee, IL. ( don't know if that is spelled right...LOL) he said they were the first 2 built just 2 days ago.

i wouldn't want to be the first person to put a dent in it. door frames are stainless steel.

At least you seen new ones. In SLC they have a freshly painted one until you open the door.

skeeterhawk said:

Thanks skeeterhawk, are they Great Danes or UPS's famous Kentucky Trailers? And I couldn't agree with you more about the first dent or scratch issue. I wonder how management is going to deal with residential deliveries? That is the quickest way to scratch and dent one up.

I saw a volvo re-paint

The driver said it came out of Newburg.
He said there being painted at Maco auto paint.
He also said its just the outside,as soon as you open the door you can see blue door jams.

I like the looks of our color scheme way better than the plain old all brown of the regular UPS package tractors.

It took all the highier ups to figure out what color we should be.
I think it was time well spent, they picked a winner.

May the Lord direct your path it works for me.

Apostolic said:
The driver said it came out of Newburg.
He said there being painted at Maco auto paint.
He also said its just the outside,as soon as you open the door you can see blue door jams.

I like the looks of our color scheme way better than the plain old all brown of the regular UPS package tractors.

In NBR they are painting the tan ones first. Apostolic your right. My buddy has one of them. When you open the door you need sunglasses.

Apostolic said:

How long will they keep the new color scheme? UPS paints there equipment on a regular basis(use to be every 3 years, a lil longer now). Seems more expensive to go with two tone.

krash said:
How long will they keep the new color scheme? UPS paints there equipment on a regular basis(use to be every 3 years, a lil longer now). Seems more expensive to go with two tone.
Bottomless pockets krash. Besides its a tax write off.

Maybe they could make decals like NASCAR.

Than they could just wash, the equipment,and stick the stickers over the old johnny reb.blue,and gray.

I know all race cars,trucks,boats,motor cycles,and anything else that can be sponcered for racing.

Their owners have a collection of numbers,and advertizers in vinyl stick on's.

In the old days everything was lettered with paint,but now days,they just put some soap suds on the wet panels,place the sticker on,than squeegee out the excess liquid and their all set.

May the Lord direct your path it works for me

hugnlug said:
Bottomless pockets krash. Besides its a tax write off.
When I worked on the midnight sort, we recycled small bags at the end of the night becuase they cost a knickel a piece. So, dont you think if Uncle Buster is worried about those "knickels", he's gonna be even more cocerned about those "dollars"? I honestly see them phasing the two tone out down the road. More than likely go with solid "brown"(just a hunch)
Now, does anyone know why our other aquistion (menlo) isnt painting there equipment, just throwing the UPS logo on the trucks and trailers?

krash said:
When I worked on the midnight sort, we recycled small bags at the end of the night becuase they cost a knickel a piece. So, dont you think if Uncle Buster is worried about those "knickels", he's gonna be even more cocerned about those "dollars"? I honestly see them phasing the two tone out down the road. More than likely go with solid "brown"(just a hunch)
Now, does anyone know why our other aquistion (menlo) isnt painting there equipment, just throwing the UPS logo on the trucks and trailers?
Sorry if I didn't clarify the bottomless statement. Of coarse they watch the bottomline, thats why they are successful. I would think that the two tone is here to stay, but you never know. It certainly isn't as a complex design as the old blue and gray. I have a feeling that once we are union, they phase out or merge UPS CSI. The guy I see in my neck of the woods sometimes goes out with no frt and comes back with one shipment. I just don't see Brown letting that continue. The UPS CSI driver said most go out with only a few stops. Doesn't sound like a money maker to me.

no union

hugnlug said:
Sorry if I didn't clarify the bottomless statement. Of coarse they watch the bottomline, thats why they are successful. I would think that the two tone is here to stay, but you never know. It certainly isn't as a complex design as the old blue and gray. I have a feeling that once we are union, they phase out or merge UPS CSI. The guy I see in my neck of the woods sometimes goes out with no frt and comes back with one shipment. I just don't see Brown letting that continue. The UPS CSI driver said most go out with only a few stops. Doesn't sound like a money maker to me.
we are not going to be union