TForce | New Pups

Well I for one hope UPS can bring us up to speed.

We'er still in the dark ages on some LTL trucking practises.

I hope that the changes that are in the wind will help all of us former Overniters come into the modern age of the industry.

May the Lord direct your path it works for me.

skeeterhawk said:
what does this mean? the new pups here are ready with the UPS logo and ups freight on the side with the pre-painted gray panels

Saw a set yesterday in the yard. Straight from Great Dane. Logos on the side and thats it. They'll look really good once we get all the new tractors and the old ones painted.

Nose posts

Apostolic said:
How come no-one answered my question about the nose posts?

We don't have real long twin screws anymore.
So why do our pups still have nose posts?

Other than our trailers I can't remember seeing anyother company that still use them?

Hello is anyone going to answer me?

May the Lord direct your path it works for me.
Yes the one I seen yesterday had a nose pole. we still have a couple of old tandems in are yard. and I have seen a few still floating around on the road. I also noticed that there was absolutely no Great Dane logo anywhere. and when they repaint the trucks they are stripping the Volvo logos off as well. UPS doesn't advertise for anyone but itself.​

webidiot said:
too bad there is no freight to put in them.
they will look good sitting in the yard in the empty line.

They last longer that why. And then I don't have to hook and unhook all the time just pull the same set both directions!!!!!

Ok don't fall down, I am about to say something positive.....We had 8 dollies in the yard 5 MC and 3 O and the O dollies had much better rubber on them. So an ill handling gear in the yard is better than having a blowout and sitting on th side of the road....FOR FREE..... damn couldn't make it last.....

I saw one with the new logo & lettering by exit 24 cashbox last night . Could have been going WB on I-90 or SB I-87.
It was the kite and MC was the lead being pulled by O tractor with UPSF placard on the door . Talk about an identity complex !!!

nightprowler said:
I saw one with the new logo & lettering by exit 24 cashbox last night . Could have been going WB on I-90 or SB I-87.
It was the kite and MC was the lead being pulled by O tractor with UPSF placard on the door . Talk about an identity complex !!!
Hemorphidite I think fits alittle better.....They have a long box and a pup in Salty but not sure if they are new or painted...

I would like to see a picture of one of the new pups. If you think about it, next time snap a photo and post it. DS.

greezy trucker said:
Ok don't fall down, I am about to say something positive.....We had 8 dollies in the yard 5 MC and 3 O and the O dollies had much better rubber on them. So an ill handling gear in the yard is better than having a blowout and sitting on th side of the road....FOR FREE..... damn couldn't make it last.....
You all most disapointed me!

Skeeter said:
Don't forget we still have the truck load division with all three axles. They might haul pups from time to time. Or we may have to use a three axle on heavy trailers.

That's all I can think of.
Speaking of truck load division they must not be part of "O" vision. Ran with one last week. The sticker on the door says the same as ours Upsf. The driver told me that if he wanted to make money he has to run illegal. They make 10 cpm less than us. They have no pension plan. Shal I qoute the vision? FORGET ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!

BusterNite said:
Speaking of truck load division they must not be part of "O" vision. Ran with one last week. The sticker on the door says the same as ours Upsf. The driver told me that if he wanted to make money he has to run illegal. They make 10 cpm less than us. They have no pension plan. Shal I qoute the vision? FORGET ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!

However, It is competitive with truck load carriers.

Docksteward said:
I would like to see a picture of one of the new pups. If you think about it, next time snap a photo and post it. DS.
There have been alot of new pups in MEM. Also, with a few brand new 48's.
I run team out of DAL, and we picked up a breand new UPSF sleeper (new truck, not a re-paint) last week.
Columbus, OH is also seeing alot of trailers and tractors.