TForce | New Pups

CFer said:
I'm guessing they moved the landing gear farther back so the trailers can be pulled with twin screws easily. Moving the landing gear back would require a nose pole to keep the trailer from going down with a lot of weight in the nose

That is 100% correct...

Thanks a bunch Skeeter.I thought we we'er friends?

Thats one thing about posting on the internet to people you'll never meet.
You just don't know about your fellow posters?

Seeing I've worked P.& D. all of my trucking life.
This is the first time I've had to shine my shoes.

I've always wore bucksking,or anyother non polish material.
Because when your working a route,sometimes you have to pass stops you have a long wait at.
And I have to use the toe of my boot to pull skids out from the side that I can't get my pallet jack into,than use my hand cart to line then up ,and pull them back to get them unloaded.

I go through at least one pair of boots a year.
They get really beat up the way I use them.

I know you road drivers that never work the dock other than ridding on a fork lift,can relate to using your feet to move freight.
Working a route you've got to do some funny things sometimes to get your stops off.

I took T.251's advice works good.

I knew I'd get some good ideas,and some funny ones when I posted this question.
But thats how I've learned everything about trucking,by asking questions.

Apo you beat me to the post. When you agree with skeeter your his friend and he's telling you to visit him. You ask a question and he refers to you as a slob:nutkick:

Yeh Go figure.Thats why my favorite Bible verse is..

The very center verse of the Old King James version (Psalms 118:8)
It is better to trust in the Lord than to put conifdence in man.

Heres a neat Bible lesson for you.

The Holy Bible was written by men with God giving them the thoughts in their minds to record all of its events.

So with out anyway of knowing ,how did this veres come to be in the center?

Also interesting is that this verse has 14 words in it.
The center most words are (THE LORD).
So you see with no modern means to aline the scriptures,(THE LORD) is at the very center of the english old King James version of the Bible.

One other fact,the shortest book in the Bible is (Psalms 117)the longest is (Psalm 119)both on either side of this center verse.

Now don't you find that interesting?

I've read the Bible cover to cover 3 times.
I always see something new.

Apostolic said:
The very center verse of the Old King James version (Psalms 118:8)
It is better to trust in the Lord than to put conifdence in man.

Heres a neat Bible lesson for you.

The Holy Bible was written by men with God giving them the thoughts in their minds to record all of its events.

So with out anyway of knowing ,how did this veres come to be in the center?

Also interesting is that this verse has 14 words in it.
The center most words are (THE LORD).
So you see with no modern means to aline the scriptures,(THE LORD) is at the very center of the english old King James version of the Bible.

One other fact,the shortest book in the Bible is (Psalms 117)the longest is (Psalm 119)both on either side of this center verse.

Now don't you find that interesting?

I've read the Bible cover to cover 3 times.
I always see something new.

You apparently have WAY TOO MUCH time on your hands.:Off-Topic:

BusterNite said:
Yes, Duct tape. See your shop mechanic, Can't get parts but there is always plenty of duct tape in stock. The new two tone tape may be in by now.
We are still painting our duck tape two tone.:biglaugh: You know though on a serious note, a new UPSF van showed up the other day, the back doors weather stripping has already been ripped out. It is pretty sad that there are some with no pride in the ranks. Chances are nothing was said of the damage either. Whether or not I agree with or not on how this company operates, I conduct myself with professionalism. Afterall we are suppose to be professionals and have a public image to portray.

hugnlug,
Could not agree with you more. How can we expect to get better equipment and other things if we do not take care and pride in what we do have or get.

hugnlug said:
We are still painting our duck tape two tone.:biglaugh: You know though on a serious note, a new UPSF van showed up the other day, the back doors weather stripping has already been ripped out. It is pretty sad that there are some with no pride in the ranks. Chances are nothing was said of the damage either. Whether or not I agree with or not on how this company operates, I conduct myself with professionalism. Afterall we are suppose to be professionals and have a public image to portray.

Not all of the new looking trailers are new...they are repaints.
I was in CIN on Sat morning and saw what I thought were 2 new vans at the dock,but the one was already missing a clearance light.
Upon further investigation...it was just a newer unit that was painted and branded.

They looked good though...if one wasn't missing a light already,I wouldnt have thought anything about it.

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
Not all of the new looking trailers are new...they are repaints.
I was in CIN on Sat morning and saw what I thought were 2 new vans at the dock,but the one was already missing a clearance light.
Upon further investigation...it was just a newer unit that was painted and branded.

They looked good though...if one wasn't missing a light already,I wouldnt have thought anything about it.
This was a brand spanky new one, Great Dane, E-loc 928... series.

hugnlug said:

Its called under paid, over worked and unappreciated dock workers. Why should they give a sh$t about anything?

How about that..

I told my outbound supervisor tonight,just before I left the terminal,To go to my house.
We have heavy plastic rub boards on the bottom sides of our pups,and the walls are all torn up.
Than I said you can't load freight fast,and also be careful.
He agreed.

In the old days trailers were kept in better shape because customers used to have their products stored in house,and took it out of inventory as needed.

But in these modern times there is very little storage,most customers want their products A.S.A.P.

We live in an hurry up enviroment,and our equipment suffers.
So thats the breaks !!
Pun intended.

wassesname said:
Apo, you sure spend a lot of time in the office. do you use his computer to put your posts up?
No driver should be allowed in any office at any terminal. I have seen this at many terminals where both city & line haul drivers go in and help them selves out to paper work that would benefit them for there days work.