ABF | New Pups

cityman

TB Lurker
Credits
Can anyone from ABF tell me if the new pups have the tracks in the walls for logistic posts, or a place to connect straps on the walls. Planning a move possibly with U-Pack. Any advice with using ABF for a household headload move ? Oh yeah I do know about the pods but they are to small. Thanks for any info.

Cityman, get quotes from several companies. Yellow for example does have e tracks. They will supply you with logistic posts and 4 X 8 plywood sheets to wall off your shipment.

U pack has been very successful for ABF, but virtually all national freight companies quote drop and hook HHG moves. I think Roadway calls their's sealed divider service.

Shop around and good luck.

Cityman said:
Can anyone from ABF tell me if the new pups have the tracks in the walls for logistic posts, or a place to connect straps on the walls. Planning a move possibly with U-Pack. Any advice with using ABF for a household headload move ? Oh yeah I do know about the pods but they are to small. Thanks for any info.

All our newer pups are equipped with e-tracks that run vertically every two feet. They accept the e-track straps or load bars. Regular straps with hooks on the ends can also be used. Some of our older trailers that are not equipped could also be used. I don't know if you could specify what type you would get. If you contacted your local terminal and told them your situation they probably would help you out.
Good Luck....JB

Thanks Jellybean! I will probably be able to arrange getting a newer trailer. I assume ABF also has what I call load tables,that allow you to stack freight on top of and underneath?

We have decking tables I would assume this is the same thing......................I just drive da truck!:TR10driving03:

Cityman said:
Thanks Jellybean! I will probably be able to arrange getting a newer trailer. I assume ABF also has what I call load tables,that allow you to stack freight on top of and underneath?

We do have decking tables, although I've never seen them used on U-PACK loads. If you have a connection at the local terminal it wouldn't hurt to inquire. Again, good luck.