XPO | New pups?????

bottomman

TB Lurker
Credits
Today we had a preshift telling us to watch out for new pups with all the alluminum not being able to use any old tractor with 24.5 wheels because it sits directly on the tires and it the broke the mud flap on a new freightliner while making a tight turn is this a known problem or is it that one pup because that's the first and only one we have seen and it's sitting behind the shop now with nothing wrong with it :lmao:

Today we had a preshift telling us to watch out for new pups with all the alluminum not being able to use any old tractor with 24.5 wheels because it sits directly on the tires and it the broke the mud flap on a new freightliner while making a tight turn is this a known problem or is it that one pup because that's the first and only one we have seen and it's sitting behind the shop now with nothing wrong with it :lmao:
We were told the pulling these trailer with 24.5 tires on the truck or dolly will put the trailer height at 13' 8" or higher. It does not surprise me that these college Ed would buy new trailer first before get all the trucks with 24.5 were out of the system.
Putting the wagon before the house.:tr10driving03:

We were told the pulling these trailer with 24.5 tires on the truck or dolly will put the trailer height at 13' 8" or higher. It does not surprise me that these college Ed would buy new trailer first before get all the trucks with 24.5 were out of the system.
Putting the wagon before the house.:tr10driving03:

That is what we were told as well. I have a feeling some of these new trailers are going to get unintentional haircuts..

I'm guessing some big giant head redesigned the pup, making it a little taller. You know, that extra 3 cubic feet of space and all... just wow.
You mean to tell me that whoever is building these trailers are not taking all that into account, you got to be kiddin me !!

I'm guessing some big giant head redesigned the pup, making it a little taller. You know, that extra 3 cubic feet of space and all... just wow.
You mean to tell me that whoever is building these trailers are not taking all that into account, you got to be kiddin me !!

The Trailer we have been using were built and designed for trucks with the old left spring suspensions. When the truck is empty the height will not be above 13'6". They also were using the 24.5 height tire back then too. These high cube trailer have been around for years, hell OD and FedEx have been using them for years. Just like a lot of thing around here we are still coming out of the stone age. They were still buying 7 speed trans and truck with 24.5 tire up till 2007, Sterling until 2008, and got the first radio in a truck in 2009. This is nothing new for the old Con-way a day late and a dollar short. I believe XPO is working hard to update our fleet the big problem is how much out dated equipment we have. Think about it Line haul was dispatching on a DOS system up until the new handheld were brought on line. Hell the old handhelds were what 4 or 5 yrs past there life cycle, I was told they were out dated when they were put into service.

The Trailer we have been using were built and designed for trucks with the old left spring suspensions. When the truck is empty the height will not be above 13'6". They also were using the 24.5 height tire back then too. These high cube trailer have been around for years, hell OD and FedEx have been using them for years. Just like a lot of thing around here we are still coming out of the stone age. They were still buying 7 speed trans and truck with 24.5 tire up till 2007, Sterling until 2008, and got the first radio in a truck in 2009. This is nothing new for the old Con-way a day late and a dollar short. I believe XPO is working hard to update our fleet the big problem is how much out dated equipment we have. Think about it Line haul was dispatching on a DOS system up until the new handheld were brought on line. Hell the old handhelds were what 4 or 5 yrs past there life cycle, I was told they were out dated when they were put into service.
And if you ask me, the new handhelds are 4 or 5 years outdated.

Are we still making our own trailers ?
Just a guess. Making a trailer ain't rocket science....
And if you ask me, the new handhelds are 4 or 5 years outdated.
The rebranded RSI = XPO Logistics Manufacturing

Just an FYI. All the new trailers have the hookups and landing leg crank on the driver side. We got a new van in a few weeks ago like that and saw a new pup and that the way it was.
Enjoy the extra walking

We have at least 7 tractors at our terminal that have 24.5 tires. The trailers that are trickling in are marked with a sign to not use with 24.5 tractors.
We have had no warning from management reguarding this problem. They definitely higher than other trailers when hooked to those trailers. It is the drivers responsibility to know if he has 24.5's.
The company has essentially waved it responsibility from this by posting on trailer.
I guesss it would be asking to much for some kind of communication from the company on this.
This is definitely a serious situation.

We have at least 7 tractors at our terminal that have 24.5 tires. The trailers that are trickling in are marked with a sign to not use with 24.5 tractors.
We have had no warning from management reguarding this problem. They definitely higher than other trailers when hooked to those trailers. It is the drivers responsibility to know if he has 24.5's.
The company has essentially waved it responsibility from this by posting on trailer.
I guesss it would be asking to much for some kind of communication from the company on this.
This is definitely a serious situation.
We were all told at my barn. As a professional driver you should know what you can hook to and not hook to the sticker are there to remind you.