XPO | New pups?????

We have at least 7 tractors at our terminal that have 24.5 tires. The trailers that are trickling in are marked with a sign to not use with 24.5 tractors.
We have had no warning from management reguarding this problem. They definitely higher than other trailers when hooked to those trailers. It is the drivers responsibility to know if he has 24.5's.
The company has essentially waved it responsibility from this by posting on trailer.
I guesss it would be asking to much for some kind of communication from the company on this.
This is definitely a serious situation.
There was an email on the dispatch counter a month ago on this. Did you guys not see it?

We get no communication at our terminal I guess it's punishment for voting the union in. It's sad how childish the company is being with us especially when it comes to something like this when it come to safety but that's a story for another day.
We have taken it on are own to make sure everyone is aware of this problem.

Last edited:
The other potential issue with the dollies is the air lines. The new trailers the air lines on the rear are both on the drivers side. Supposably we're gonna have different dollies in the future but yeah.

The other potential issue with the dollies is the air lines. The new trailers the air lines on the rear are both on the drivers side. Supposably we're gonna have different dollies in the future but yeah.
All you have to do is run the service line under the dolly.

I'm glad to see their buying some equipment.. especially dollies those thing are all almost 30yrs old.

We were all told at my barn. As a professional driver you should know what you can hook to and not hook to the sticker are there to remind you.
They should provide compatible equipment for you to use. This situation should have never gotten this far. When a design changes are made, wouldn't you think that it would be field tested????

They should provide compatible equipment for you to use. This situation should have never gotten this far. When a design changes are made, wouldn't you think that it would be field tested????
What design change?? This is the standard size and shape of trailer that has been used for years. Every other LTL carrier been using them for years. We are the ones behind the times. When I work for AF they were weeding the 24.5 tire out of the system back in 2000 when FedEx bought them.

We were all told at my barn. As a professional driver you should know what you can hook to and not hook to the sticker are there to remind you.
We were also told and a list of our domicile tractors with the bigger tires was posted. Shouldn't be a big deal. Unfortunate that this was not communicated to everyone, but nobody should be surprised.

lfwBJtO.jpg

I'm wondering, best I can remember, there wasn't any Dollies with t 22.5 tires . Have they gotten all of them changed over to the low profile tires / or 22.5 's????

I'm wondering, best I can remember, there wasn't any Dollies with t 22.5 tires . Have they gotten all of them changed over to the low profile tires / or 22.5 's????
No, I ran on last week with 24.5's. I had a high cube trailer as my lead and didn't notice the bigger tires on my dolly. Ran it down the road no problem, though I should have re-hooked with a different dolly.

Almost all at my barn are low pro 22.5 all you local shop has to do is change the tires. I put one O/S with 24.5 tire on it for a crack air line saw it later fixed with low pro 22.5 tires on it.