XPO | New pups?????

heFqjhb.jpg

This may answer why the left hand equipped trailers. This was at Xhg last night two loaded trailers and left with to loads to Xmi. There's been a few in the last week doing the same. Owner operators hauling our line haul freight. We were told the high cube trailers were only to be used between fac's and not intended for city use.

Wonder if they are paying as well as the Ups Freight O/O. ¡LMFAOSHMSFOAIDMT!

heFqjhb.jpg

This may answer why the left hand equipped trailers. This was at Xhg last night two loaded trailers and left with to loads to Xmi. There's been a few in the last week doing the same. Owner operators hauling our line haul freight. We were told the high cube trailers were only to be used between fac's and not intended for city use.

I'm not liking the look of this.... bad road to be going down, imo.

Makes more sense. Why handle it twice? We're using sub service for the pull, let's load it to ride in pups once, rather than loading a long box, unloading it, then loading it on pups. Less handling, less damage.

The question is this an everyday sub service pull now being loaded onto pups?

Last edited:
The question is this an everyday sub service pull now being loaded onto pups?
Good question. The pic was taken on 6/26 or 27 at XHG. I can't make out the trailer numbers . I was told they were loaded and the driver left with 2 for XMI. If Some could make out the numbers at do a history on the trailers we could confirm.

Good question. The pic was taken on 6/26 or 27 at XHG. I can't make out the trailer numbers . I was told they were loaded and the driver left with 2 for XMI. If Some could make out the numbers at do a history on the trailers we could confirm.

Xhg = Hagerstown, Pa

Xmi = is it Milton, Wv?

Was there not a xmi driver at the fac? If not, they weren't sitting at home, I hope.

Is xmi a usual run for xhg? Xmi doesn't have a FAC do they?

Xhg = Hagerstown, Pa

Xmi = is it Milton, Wv?

Was there not a xmi driver at the fac? If not, they weren't sitting at home, I hope.

Is xmi a usual run for xhg? Xmi doesn't have a FAC do they?
Xmi is Milton,PA. And they are a FAC. I do believe they run Xhg. As has for a driver sitting and not running Xhg that would be suspicious since they sent 4 to 7 to Xab. And Albany is a lot smaller then Hagerstown.

Honestly, I wouldn't be too worried about anyone being put out of work. Here's why:

1. Every carrier out there doesn't have enough drivers to move all the freight.

2. Subservice is more expensive than you think.

3. XPO needs you guys more than you need them, because you can go find another job anytime you want and they're going to struggle to replace you.

This isn't the days of old. We're not replaceable like we used to be. And sidelining a driver so subservice can pull it instead is a sure way to lose a driver you probably need.

The only carrier I know of that's actively screwing their drivers is UPS/UPSF. And considering they're supposed to be protected by the Teamsters, I'm not sure how they're getting away with it without the union's cooperation.

I don't want to jump to any conclusions until we see more of it.

Well I don't like to spread hearsay and conjecture, but I do. What is that, a three, three and a half hour pull. I hope them drivers are at least making two dollars a mile, plus a fuel surcharge. It may be time to man the pitchforks and torches

Last edited:
He called our shop Stewart who intervened before he left the yard. He was a junior man and made the supervisor aware and was told by the supervisor it would be ok just watch bridge heights . He did the the right thing and didn't leave the yard . Possible catastrophe averted.Had someone not intervened on his behalf he may have gone out out .

I area is a metro area and has many sub 13'6" underpasses. We have a hard time with the current low cube trailers as it is. Hell , nobody from the company said anything about the danger of the combination.
Need a shop Stewart? Why? All you have to say is no. I in a barn with no shop Stewart and that all I would have to say.

heFqjhb.jpg

Wow I'm surprised they found one of these sub service that has the doubles endorsement.

I definitely understand that we are alone in that but why change ? It didn't save anybody any money. Easier for customers? Easier to merge? No biggie just curious. Thought someone might have some insight to quench my curiosity.
When you get away from what is standard then it cost goes up. I think most everyone is having a hard time coming out of the Con-Way stone age. Con-Way did thing there own way with nonstandard equipment which in the long run will cost the company more. Prime example are the tire 24.5 tire cost more the 22.5. Light trailer cost less to pull down the road. Look I think we are the only company that still drags around a spare tire on a dolly. That add weight cost more in fuel to pull down the road and it also weight thats not making any money.

Honestly, I wouldn't be too worried about anyone being put out of work. Here's why:

1. Every carrier out there doesn't have enough drivers to move all the freight.

2. Subservice is more expensive than you think.

3. XPO needs you guys more than you need them, because you can go find another job anytime you want and they're going to struggle to replace you.

This isn't the days of old. We're not replaceable like we used to be. And sidelining a driver so subservice can pull it instead is a sure way to lose a driver you probably need.

The only carrier I know of that's actively screwing their drivers is UPS/UPSF. And considering they're supposed to be protected by the Teamsters, I'm not sure how they're getting away with it without the union's cooperation.
Sub service doesn't drive forklifts
This company still needs it traveling dockworkers

When you get away from what is standard then it cost goes up. I think most everyone is having a hard time coming out of the Con-Way stone age. Con-Way did thing there own way with nonstandard equipment which in the long run will cost the company more. Prime example are the tire 24.5 tire cost more the 22.5. Light trailer cost less to pull down the road. Look I think we are the only company that still drags around a spare tire on a dolly. That add weight cost more in fuel to pull down the road and it also weight thats not making any money.
the landing gear and gladhand on the right side is from back in the CF days, it was that way to keep the driver off of the roadside of the truck, the spare tire on the dolly is also a counterweight, try moving one without it.