XPO | New pups?????

Need a shop Stewart? Why? All you have to say is no. I in a barn with no shop Stewart and that all I would have to say.
I guess you read over the part where the supervisor told him to take it anyway. It would be nice to think it's as easy as saying no it's not safe but in reality there's a thin line at xpo between refusing work and refusing something that's not safe. Better to have the backing of someone so there's no confusion. I strongly recommend that no one do something unsafe but cover your ass also.

Thank you.. wasn't going to respond to that but some are unaware.
I aware of why it that is way. I just saying that Conway refused to update it equipment. When I worked for AF back in the day they were slowly fazing them out of the system by buying newer and lighter ones. Last I looked I didn't see a spare tire on a FedEx, UPS, or OD dolly.
All I'm saying we we have a lot of catching up to do

the landing gear and gladhand on the right side is from back in the CF days, it was that way to keep the driver off of the roadside of the truck, the spare tire on the dolly is also a counterweight, try moving one without it.
And how is CF doing today? Is that why Conway didn't get A/C in the trucks until the federal govt made it illegal to build a class 8 truck without it, or that's why you guys didn't even have a simple radio in your road truck until 2009? All because that's the way it was back in the CF days.
Last I look they make dollies without spare tires that are lighter and easier to move.
If Conway was sooooo worried about my safety they wouldn't have dressed us in dark blue.

Sub service doesn't drive forklifts
This company still needs it traveling dockworkers
You can assume that but I wouldn't recommend taking it as a givin .
And how is CF doing today? Is that why Conway didn't get A/C in the trucks until the federal govt made it illegal to build a class 8 truck without it, or that's why you guys didn't even have a simple radio in your road truck until 2009? All because that's the way it was back in the CF days.
Last I look they make dollies without spare tires that are lighter and easier to move.
If Conway was sooooo worried about my safety they wouldn't have dressed us in dark blue.
Im not 100 % sure but I don't think there is any law that mandates a/c in commercial trucks.. I have heard rumor of it but never have seen the law. I could be wrong about the law and will stand corrected if someone can show me it. I think that Con-way did it to attract new drivers when it started getting more difficult to find drivers while they reduced compensation and benefits. The same with the power windows and radios . They were all about making the equipment more attractive to perspective drivers. I been doing this for 40 yrs and back in the day when driver pay benefits were more attractive companies didn't see the need to have such creature comforts there was even a little attitude from the company's as pay back because you got paid well and you were a union member. Just look at the Otr companies they gone as far as to let you have a dog in the tractors just to attract drivers. The company's are competing for a small pool of prospects and do not want to increase pay and benefits to attract but rather add small one time cost creature comforts to lure drivers in.
I know this may be a little for some to comprehend but it took a little more than hamburgers and hot dogs and creature comforts to keep us focused on what we came to work for. Good pay and benefits.

Last edited:
I aware of why it that is way. I just saying that Conway refused to update it equipment. When I worked for AF back in the day they were slowly fazing them out of the system by buying newer and lighter ones. Last I looked I didn't see a spare tire on a FedEx, UPS, or OD dolly.
All I'm saying we we have a lot of catching up to do
You don't see them on FX or UPS because they are built weighted to the rear.
Dude I only explained why it is/was that way, if you want to go off on a tirade of CF, Conway , direct it to somebody that cares.

You can assume that but I wouldn't recommend taking it as a givin .

Im not 100 % sure but I don't think there is any law that mandates a/c in commercial trucks.. I have heard rumor of it but never have seen the law. I think that Con-way did it to attract new drivers when it started getting more difficult to find drivers while they reduced compensation and benefits. I could be wrong if some shows me the law I will stand corrected.
You are correct, there is no law that requires a/c in a truck.

You are correct, there is no law that requires a/c in a truck.
My understanding the reason Con-way began to buy A/C is because it was costing extra monies not to get it. The overall plan is much like a floor plan, buy the standard and get it cheaper. Deviate from the plan and it costs extra. That's why they say no A/C is not grounds to put the truck out of service.

My understanding the reason Con-way began to buy A/C is because it was costing extra monies not to get it. The overall plan is much like a floor plan, buy the standard and get it cheaper. Deviate from the plan and it costs extra. That's why they say no A/C is not grounds to put the truck out of service.
I have heard that one also but I think it was more due to attracting divers . Feedback a while back from applicants was negative when told trucks did not have A/C.

If the manufacture put it on there, it must function. Do not get inspected and have something not working on your tractor.

What law says that? Are you saying that if the dome light is out or the radio doesn't work you are going to get cited?
Just had a full level 1 done on a set of triples. Only checked exterior lights and horn. Under hood, only looked at steering linkage and brakes. Only thing checked in cab was low air cut off.

Point me to a link or something with some credibility. The ex Navy seal, undercover DEA guy a the truckstop counter doesn't count.

For ***** and giggles, anonymously call Aunt DOTtie. Let her know of all the sick horses in the stable. She will visit and inspect them on site. Hilarity will ensue. Profit.

Exactly, don't get comfortable. They already figured out part timers at two thirds of your pay with no bennies can do what you do. Having contractors on the dock is not out of the question.
With the new E logs coming into line they will use more part timers on the dock. eBiTa is spot on with this the focus is on cheaper labor where it can be used.

Last edited: