New Raises

localdriver

TB Regular
Credits
Well management was right! we were getting a bigger increase then the last two years,
What a friggin insult!!!! It's obvious that our drivers meetings our a waste of time. Management seems to do what they want to do,

you got that right BUT i am sure that gabbydad will post on here you know how he is all mr. company man

I am all company man. If there were more, maybe we'd be able to afford a better raise. You're wasting your time focusing all your angst on me. I have the balls to get on here and tell another side to the story to try to keep things fair and balanced. I'm a SALES guy, my only focus is getting more tons on our trucks.

there lot of us out here that give more than you know and when we see a problem,and try to have them fix and get no results we get the JEVIC addittue and say the h--- with it

your correct i am a driver and i p/u and delv all the frt but we are here to make money we did not even get a cost of living raise thats why all of the drivers are pissed lets see .40 an hr avg 60hrs thats $24.00 a week minus tax thats about $800.00 a year and thats with no time and a half you figure the avg person works 40 hrs thats $16.00 after that they get time and a half look i know you dont own the company but you sure are fast to stick up for mngmt. well i am here sticking up for the drivers its not a personal dig

As a driver who came here in the early 90's Jevic was once known as the leader in the industry, We were paid the tops in wage's, we ran nothing but quality equipment, and our service was second to nun!!! many years ago it use to be fun to come to work!!!our recent increase works out to be 1.8 percent, cost of living go's up 4 percent yearly, and that does not include the price of gas.and by the way the road increase was 2.5 percent increase wich based on 2000 miles is only a 20 dollar increase, and if your local stops and miles you raise is between 11 and 15 dollars a week. We are working harder each year and getting paid less... funny thing is were not getting any younger. any bet's our insurance goes up again?

I don't think you find any driver or any dock worker that does not poor his heart out on a daily basis...Were all putting both hand's in to help this company survive... Maybe management is trying to over save and impress Sun Capital.. You have to spend some money to make some money Right???
We are just asking for a Fair and honest Raise.

It is obvious they compared our pay with truck load carriers. But compared to other LTL carriers it is way below market. Other LTL carriers are making well above .50/mile. Its sickening. It was brought up in one of the meetings with the Prez. That we shouldnt be compared with truck load carriers pay wise. But it is evident we were.

You know local driver you hit the nail right on the head we do pour our hearts and souls and then you GOT some people who's name i won't mention but he knows who he is will say that evrything is going good let him come down to the trenches and see for a day what the hell is really going on

pay

i have to tell you guys you may think the money was not enough,but you really should be thankful that you have jobs! the company is trying its best to stay in line with all carriers,but you guys always want more. if its not pay its trukcs or start times. cry.cry..cry....:::chairshot:

thats right top dog!!! if it's not the pay its the hours, if it's not the hours, it's the equipment, if it's not the equipment it's the health care, if it's not healthcare it's the uniforms, if its not the uniforms it's management!!! Hey were all thank full we have a job, but this isn't the great job it use to be. At one time this was greatest job around, everbody worked for one common goal, to be the best of the best! I rember when we use to have fun here! Do you???

Local Driver your exactly right when i came here in 1993 this was the job to get ,drivers loved working here we had new equip. every year and we didn't have dispatchers like Neal screaming at you all day. But also to reply to topdog overtime is still a wonderful thing.!!! I have since moved on to a job that respects drivers there is no hollering and cussing at us and we do get paid for what we do and yes we do get time and a half .I wish Jevic could have come around and realized that drivers are human beings and not payroll numbers,but thats the way it is and I made my choice.

Good luck to you headcover... I will stay here as long as the company stays in business, I am lucky enough not to have Neal.
So my day's are not as bad as others!!! And I think the majority of us are here for the long run.

thats right top dog!!! if it's not the pay its the hours, if it's not the hours, it's the equipment, if it's not the equipment it's the health care, if it's not healthcare it's the uniforms, if its not the uniforms it's management!!! Hey were all thank full we have a job, but this isn't the great job it use to be. At one time this was greatest job around, everbody worked for one common goal, to be the best of the best! I rember when we use to have fun here! Do you???

local driver is right i remember when it was a great company to work for, if you were out in a store, or a sporting event people would see the JEVIC name and they wold stop you and ask you a million ????, because thay also wanted to be a jevic employee. and they used to say how lucky you are to work for them. i will tell you this i would not recemond this job to anyone. i am not in the habbit to tell lies i would tell them you would be better off at another co. look i know dave G. is a busy man but he should come out and ask us the truth about what is going on not his lackey Tim C. nobody has any respect for the man, he has a habbit of talking down to people :toxic: