TForce | New Retirement Options

johnny big rig

TB Lurker
Credits
Just askin' here folks don't freak out! A Road Driver came through last night said he had been in Oro or somewhere over there and they had heard from their local that we may be getting several retirement options. He said a 20 and out, 25 and out and also 30 and out. Anybody heard this?

Haven't heard it but I would think if the teamsters are pushing for a national contract they would want us in there pension.

there are 21 teamster pension funds that cover ups employees, they only pulled out of 1 of them which was underperforming. Centeral states.

The top 3 funds have over $50 billion in assets.

but, UPS bought out of the teamsters pension. I am guessing UPS will set up its own pension for UPS union employees.

But there are more then the Central States.....we are in an area where we could be in three different pensions to chose aor try to be in.....Western States, The one we have now or the UPS/IBT Central States.....But it all depends on which onethey will let us be in and which one works out best for ALL the members......I get the feeling that the local wants us to be in the UPS/IBT but that is just a feeling....

A city driver told me that our previous years of service to be applied to the pension would be the years worked multiplied by two? WOW, let me in on that!! The door swings both ways. Rumors are rumors.

A city driver told me that our previous years of service to be applied to the pension would be the years worked multiplied by two? WOW, let me in on that!! The door swings both ways. Rumors are rumors.

That would be nice. Has anyone talked to you about the National contract or whether they are going to try to get us into the western pension plans. I havent heard anything on this side of the mountain yet.

Yes, I want a better contract than indy.

The tramsters are in washington right now discussing the possibilities of a national contract. Nothing is certian yet.

spollock, noone is sure there is going to be a national contract yet.

In the words of one my long gone ovnt managers "There will never be a union at UPS Freight. Leo and Gordon will not allow it." The vote will be at the beginning of April.

In the words of one my long gone ovnt managers "There will never be a union at UPS Freight. Leo and Gordon will not allow it." The vote will be at the beginning of April.

You BOYS can boast and brag all you want . But you know as well as I that UPS The parent Company of UPSGF bought and sold us to the
Teamsters for the control of the central states pension fund for all of the parcel workers. Thats plain and simple. It saved them millions if not Billions of dollars. So stop and think about it did ups have to have a card check AGREEMENT and AGREEMENT is the key word. UPS wants us To be teamsters so they can mix and match freight and package. ups picks up the freight and contractors take it down the road and ups delivers it all the customer see is UPS. Thats why there are no limits on contractors in the upsgf contract. So my friend you tell me who is winning this election Me and You the Teamsters or THE BIG BROWN MACHINE ?

keep drinking whatever your drinking:deal: