ABF | New Rules as of today on Truckingboards

This one may fit your agenda better. “Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.”
My favorite ////// “If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” It’s almost over Docker. Let the men decide the direction they want to go and accept the outcome.

Adding one more...

Intentionally going off-topic = Thread ban
Being nice in a post does not mean a post is not a troll post.

Sorry I have to add to this but I am here to "Make Truckingboards Great Again"

Does Trump know your trying to use his saying with a slight twist? Also can we get ballcaps with this on it?? Just messing with ya thanks for allowing me to be here

Let's define Trolling a bit more...

Trolling is not someone posting a legit opinion you disagree with.
Trolling is posting stupid off topic posts for the sole purpose of pissing people off or trying to get a reaction.

Let's define Trolling a bit more...

Trolling is not someone posting a legit opinion you disagree with.
Trolling is posting stupid off topic posts for the sole purpose of pissing people off or trying to get a reaction.
Then we have a winner with Bubba Gump.... master troll

Then we have a winner with Bubba Gump.... master troll
and he is either serving or has just finished out his 1st warning ban...
I am doing my job but I can't get everything everytime

if the one day bans aren't enough to curb the breaking of the rules I will up the temp ban times with an announcement

I deliberately refrained from posting right after the ABF vote, because I knew the emotions were raw. And while there are some who may question it, I am very disappointed by both the participation rate and the outcome. I think we all, union or not, deserve better.

I don't like segregating people because first of all some people lie and I damn sure can't make them prove they work for a company.
Second I am still hoping since all of you guys are Teamsters you will eventually find some common ground

VVjXRXe.jpg

I have to be fair... It's not that hard to be the moderator because I have no agenda.

I like some things about Unions and I don't like some things about Unions
I like some things about Non-Unions and I don't like some things about Non-Unions

but... the way I feel has nothing to do with moderating. Some people walk the line tight here but that's fine as long as they don't cross that line, I go on a post by post basis... If somebody has gotten a ban before, I don't follow them around looking to pop them again. I told you all before, my goal is to retain users and get new ones, not run them off. But everywhere we go in life has rules.

The people here that post content is the life blood of the site, no comments and you won't have a site long, cater to one side or the other and that's not a discussion or debate.

I have people here from 2006 that read everyday and have never posted anything and that is fine.... Sure it would be nice to get the lurker to poster ratio up but that's always been a thing on forums.

The perfect moderator has his own opinions but his own opinions do not blind him in moderating.

All of you know I am a right wing conservative, I don't hide it... I can go on the politics forum and argue with the leftys all day long and would never swing the ban hammer at them because they have a different mindset than me.

we had a knock down drag out between a lefty and a righty there a couple days ago , they both broke the rules so both of them got a 1 day ban ...

Nothing in Jeff's "new rules" prevents "battling it out" as long as the battles are over ideas and not attacks on individuals. What's so hard to understand about that?
Now this post is a good example. The poster a known smart ass is trying to sneak one in. But he is really showing everyone that his debate skills are weak and therefore he must try and hide behind the site owner’s coat tail. Am I now to believe triplex is the new site rules interpreter or is he just being a smart ass.

I like this thread.
And.
:smilies 19296:
I don't consider myself a troll. I hope others don't either.
I like being informed and that brings me to other companies forums.
I have only worked for one LTL company and seeing or reading what others say is interesting to me. I'm sure if I act like a troll (I won't)someone will point that out.
Carry on.
:17142:
Jeez.
The going off topic is gonna be a tough one.
I'm biting my tounge.
No more Caymen Islands.

Last edited:
I like this thread.
And.
:smilies 19296:
I don't consider myself a troll. I hope others don't either.
I like being informed and that brings me to other companies forums.
I have only worked for one LTL company and seeing or reading what others say is interesting to me. I'm sure if I act like a troll (I won't)someone will point that out.
Carry on.
:17142:
Jeez.
The going off topic is gonna be a tough one.
I'm biting my tounge.
No more Caymen Islands.

ah,...dang it! There you go already, Brother......

We are very particular concerning spelling here....Orthography is our Passion, as it were......

We'll have a consensus to determine how many points are to be deducted from your current score,....and whether or not you should incur a Financial Penalty. I take Visa, American Express, and Certified Checks,.......And, of course,....Cash....

But, since you're a truck driver for an LTL company,...we'll waive the Standard Fee for a more,.....modest,..one.

Any checks are to be made to me,..personally,......in care of my Account on the Cayman Islands...

Thank you for your transaction,....and , may I add,...it's been a Financial Pleasure doing Business with you,...mainly mine.