TForce | New Rules

BusterNite

TB Legend
Credits
Did anyone see a copy of the new rules coming in the new rule book?

1) No smoking in company equipment
2) Vacations will only be allowed in
weeks. No days. Starting in 2009
3) No more accident forgiveness
4) New attendance rules
5) Can only use selected doctors for DOT
physicals.
6) Seniority rules for part timers.
7) All assignment of Equipment will be
based on operational needs.
8) several changes to the Linehaul section.
9) Changes to Promotions, Transfers and
Rehires section.
Thats to just name a few. Coming to a terminal near you. Wecome to the UPS family. Oh ya, Just one more little push to get you to join the Teamsters.:biglaugh:

4) New attendance rules
physicals.
Rehires section.
Thats to just name a few. Coming to a terminal near you. Wecome to the UPS family. Oh ya, Just one more little push to get you to join the Teamsters.:biglaugh:

When is this comming to a theater near me?

Just one more little push to get you to join the Teamsters.:biglaugh:

:1036316054:

Rules are meant to be interpeted differently according to the TM's discretion. Remember too, a$$ kissers swall.....I mean follow another set of rules.....anywhere from 4" to 12inches!!! :biglaugh:

The rules will apply only to non-unionized barns. All rule changes are subject to collective barginning. Yes, I have heard this new policy book is coming out. About 60% of the guys smoke at our place and I think you will find out that this is going to be a serious problem, if the TM gets to pick and choose who the violators are, how can they prove who smoked? are they going to do dna tests on the saliva on cigs? If these new policies don't push the remaining hold outs to the union, nothing will.:1036316054:

Been there done that on the rules. Most of it sounds like Con-way stuff.
Could be a bit of Kevin H at work!

ACCIDENT FORGIVENESS?????????WHAT THE HELL IS THAT:

I didn't know what that was until the TM explained it to me. I was shocked to hear about it!

In other words:
:Rulz:= 1 strike 2 strikes 3 strikes YOUR OUT driver!

:deal:= I'd like to use my get out of jail "Forgiveness" wild card.

:console:= OKAY!

:Zzzz:= Thanks Mr. Man

4) New attendance rules
physicals.
Rehires section.

OK, Name me one company that has no rules or company policy's. I say union or not if a person can't live with them there is a lot of other jobs out there. :1036316054:

The rules will apply only to non-unionized barns. All rule changes are subject to collective barginning. Yes, I have heard this new policy book is coming out. About 60% of the guys smoke at our place and I think you will find out that this is going to be a serious problem, if the TM gets to pick and choose who the violators are, how can they prove who smoked? are they going to do dna tests on the saliva on cigs? If these new policies don't push the remaining hold outs to the union, nothing will.:1036316054:

It sounds good to me...

Well say thats why you need solid contract language written in stone.

I have only two things to say about these rules.
first Bring on the horses,Second I'm glad I'm going to get out of this UPS rat race in a few short weeks.

I feel so truely sorry for the rest of you if you decide to stay non-union.
heaven help you to hang in there.

As far as I know, Their is nothing that the union can do about company rules. If the company want to set rules, We will have to follow them. Union or not.

exactly, this is just the beginning, my tm told me rules are going to have to be enforced 100% of the time, if not it leads to favortism accusations.

...if its in the contract.

Chances are, Company wide rules will not be in the contract. The company has every right to set their own rules (for everyone) and they will be followed, Union or not. Now if something can be negotiated regarding company policy, This could be put in the contract. But I highly doubt it will happen. One more thing. When you get a copy of these new endorsements (rules) You will sign a sheet of acknowledgment for these new rules. Expect it next week. New rules are in effect asap. Except where noted different.

did I put in them?

This is gonna be like this, everytime there is a new rule you will have to sign a piece of paper saying you understand it, 5 years later there gonna call you in the office and say mr. xxxxx on this piece of paper you signed you would not do this, here is a picture od you offending rule xxx. Thank you, here is your unemployment application.