TForce | New Rules

You seasoned vets are right! There are many gray area's in those proposed work rule changes. When announced to us we had many questions and they had "not so many" answers to each scenario we presented.

The union will end the gray area, once and for all.

You seasoned vets are right! There are many gray area's in those proposed work rule changes. When announced to us we had many questions and they had "not so many" answers to each scenario we presented.

More, interpretations, of generalizations, in lames terms grey matter, is the reson for this move in the north, if "O" would not have had this type of system prior to UPS, people would not be doing this rite now.

I get the impression there is a reason for the continued ambiguity.

More, interpretations, of generalizations, in lames terms grey matter, is the reson for this move in the north, if "O" would not have had this type of system prior to UPS, people would not be doing this rite now.

I get the impression there is a reason for the continued ambiguity.

Yep, UPS wants to get rid of the entire Hr department at freight. It will be useless soon enough. I feel bad for those terminals that don't go union. They will probably have one Hr rep. for them all. (Please leave a message after the beep. ask your Tm, too bad, we don't care, just a few of the responses.)

This is why I love the internet. my tm would not let anyone read the memo and twisted it into his own B.S. Thanks Dockworker!:1036316054:

This is also why truckingboards is great. We can share all info (following rules) and provide feedback.
I'm sure all corporate HR from all companies monitor each forum they work for and get overall feedback and info. from a lot of regions.

It's not confidential information, just an announcement of changes to our rule book that helps us stay competitive and efficient in our day to day duties.
Everyone was posting tid bits of info hear and there and I decided to post it in a detailed nutshell. I posted the updates to look official.

What would be any different from our HR Department then it is now?
You call and they say our business hours are bewteen such,and such which is when you are calling them.
Then the operator says your call is important to us.
The next statement says we are sorry there is no one here to take your call right now.
Please leave your name, terminal,or area you are calling from,a phone number you can be reached,the nature of your call.
We will get back to you by 2010'

I'm sure the majority of these new rules are migrating over from UPS Parcel and most likely have been pre-approved for use by the teamsters.

Im sure this may have already been answered ,but I'm trying too catch up.
But does Parcels have the same no smoking in tractor policy?
Just Wondering

No problem you are allowed to have cigarettes in company equipment.
You just aren't allowed to have them lit up.

No smoking,but theres no rule that says you can't carry them with you!

Im sure this may have already been answered ,but I'm trying too catch up.
But does Parcels have the same no smoking in tractor policy?
Just Wondering

Good question! My guess is the No Smoking Policy in Parcel trucks applies to UPS Feeder Tractors.
I do catch a Parcel guy smoking in his truck from time to time. Sometimes I see him puffing outside a customers dock, inhaling his cigarette so fast that he gives himself a buzz.

UPS Freight will allow smokeless-tobacco use provided you do not spit on the floors, leave your spit cup laying around or have spit residue on company equipment. (This may change to "No Tobacco Use")

I heard one reason why they don't want cigarette smoking in the tractors is because....now get this! The ashes accumulate within the dash and get into the electronics causing electrical shorts.
That didn't go over too well with our peer group. Everyone busted out laughing:hysterical: and the person that tried to sell it to us felt like a purple star fish.

I agree theres nothing worse then a sticky steering wheel.

We had an inbound supervisor who was a chewer.
he carried a cup around with him.
His breath was very nasty,and his teeth well let me say you could grow a very good veagable garden in his mouth.

Some states have laws banning smoking in company vehicles.

There are also some laws banning smoking in your personal car.

I can't stand cigarettes and shouldn't be made to drive someone elses truck that has smoked so much there is a film on the windows.

Some states have laws banning smoking in company vehicles.

There are also some laws banning smoking in your personal car.

I can't stand cigarettes and shouldn't be made to drive someone elses truck that has smoked so much there is a film on the windows.

It will definitely eliminate the need to assign smoking and non-smoking tractors.

It will definitely eliminate the need to assign smoking and non-smoking tractors.

I think the smoking rule came out of a liability issue. A team driver that does not smoke could hold the company liable if he is forced to ride with a smoker .And some people are allergic to smoke and the residue.

I think the smoking rule came out of a liability issue. A team driver that does not smoke could hold the company liable if he is forced to ride with a smoker .And some people are allergic to smoke and the residue.

I agree on liability. The unnecessary amount of time in managing who smokes and who doesn't and who to pair drivers with will now be history.
I can also understand why they banned smoking in a Parcel truck. A cigarette cherry could fly into the parcel area and cause a major fire.

Actually the nicotin drug in the cigarette tobacco keeps you hooked on those nasty coffin nails.
When I was a 3 & 1/2 pack a day smoker.
I had to talk to my smokes to finally stop.
it took around 3 &1/2 to 4 weeks to get all of the drug out of my system.
After 6 weeks I tossed the pack away.
now when someone is smoking around me it almost gags me its smells so revolting.
I can't believe I was smoking so much.
The only thing I know is the nicotin was so additing,I always needed more smoke to make it through the day.

You know something people, I am a smoker, and I am on the burge of quitting for 4 reasons, the wife, the kids, and UPS. And I truely feel like $hit.

I have but one thing to say about this issue, everything is the end result of negotiations, and remember, all of you, if you let the right to smoke go by without voting it in, what is next?

Do not think this is fair because you hate smoking, it's the principal behind the issue, today it is smoking, what will it be tomorrow?

I am sure we have all heard the cliche, you give an inch, they take a mile. I suggest you all keep that in mind when it comes time to negotiate.

You know something people, I am a smoker, and I am on the burge of quitting for 4 reasons, the wife, the kids, and UPS. And I truely feel like $hit.

I have but one thing to say about this issue, everything is the end result of negotiations, and remember, all of you, if you let the right to smoke go by without voting it in, what is next?

Do not think this is fair because you hate smoking, it's the principal behind the issue, today it is smoking, what will it be tomorrow?

I am sure we have all heard the cliche, you give an inch, they take a mile. I suggest you all keep that in mind when it comes time to negotiate.

I agree with the non-smoking policy as far as in the trucks that might be assigned to a non-smoker. However, I agree there ought to be smoking areas for those like yourself to smoke. If smokers are suppose to be courteous to a non-smoker. Then non-smokers should be courteous as well.