TForce | New Rules

Well you may have to shout at them.
But do in a very public place with a lot of people around you.

the athorities will come,and take you to a room with rubber walls and no smoking allowed.
this will help you kick the habit.

What I have heard is that these are some of agreed to work rules pounded out at Indy. I doubt any terminal will get to change them. Just be glad that if you are at a union terminal you will have equal protection. No favorites. If one guy gets written up for being late, the steward will be allowed to dig through all the employees ata times to make sure the TM's darlings have not been given a break. That is the power of the union. You will see a lot of scorned:butt kiss: walking around with no :butt kiss: to kiss.:hysterical:

I have never worked with a union can you tell me how being in a union will change any of these new rules?:Bondage:

The members would have to tell there local what issues (rules) that you would want changed. Then your local would negotiate with the company. Then it would have to be written in the contract. Thats if UPS will even negotiate company rules. I don't think they will.

The members would have to tell there local what issues (rules) that you would want changed. Then your local would negotiate with the company. Then it would have to be written in the contract. Thats if UPS will even negotiate company rules. I don't think they will.

Almost all the contract is about company and union rules and procedures. even if the company has a rule an arbitrator can rule against the company per the situation. It is how two different people see the same thing yet define it completely opposite. The true wonder of human nature. Take for instance, a worker is late because the main highway the he drives to work everyday(and arrives on time) is backed up because of an accident. He calls work and says I will be late the highway is blocked up and there is no other way to get to work. He arrives and is late an is written up. The employee files a grievance and it goes to a grievance panel. They deceide based on the facts weather or not his lateness was reasonable. (all facts provided). If the panel dead locks then the case goes to an arbitor, and believe me when I tell you UPS does not want to shell out a few thousand $ for an arbitor, for a tardy violation, so if the guys is not a repeat offender, the write will be dismissed.:1036316054: Now if you are caught stealing or something bad like that you will be going to an arbitor and the union and company will have to shell out some where in the $ figure 7000 ,12000 grand.

Almost all the contract is about company and union rules and procedures. even if the company has a rule an arbitrator can rule against the company per the situation. It is how two different people see the same thing yet define it completely opposite. The true wonder of human nature. Take for instance, a worker is late because the main highway the he drives to work everyday(and arrives on time) is backed up because of an accident. He calls work and says I will be late the highway is blocked up and there is no other way to get to work. He arrives and is late an is written up. The employee files a grievance and it goes to a grievance panel. They deceide based on the facts weather or not his lateness was reasonable. (all facts provided). If the panel dead locks then the case goes to an arbitor, and believe me when I tell you UPS does not want to shell out a few thousand $ for an arbitor, for a tardy violation, so if the guys is not a repeat offender, the write will be dismissed.:1036316054: Now if you are caught stealing or something bad like that you will be going to an arbitor and the union and company will have to shell out some where in the $ figure 7000 ,12000 grand.

If you are cought stealing, There is nothing the union can do for you.

If you are cought stealing, There is nothing the union can do for you.

You are still given a hearing either way, who knows what the arbitor will rule. If no criminal charges are pressed or there is no conviction then the person may have a case for renstatement, you never know? A union business agent told me arbitration is a 50-50 bet. the arbitors have to rule 50-50 on there records or the company or union can strike then off the case if there ruling record is unbalanced on one side. they go through these guys records with a fine tooth comb and find out. 50% is alot better than a peer review no matter the circumstances.:1036316054:

If You Guy"s In The Norfolk,va Terminal Decide To Vote The Union In The First Thing You Guy"s Need To Do Is Get Rid Of Bill Norvell He Is The $ss Kisser And A Snitch. And Also Alvin Davenport Listen Guy"s He Been Telling On You Guy"s For Years Him And Bill Are You Guy"s Worst Nitemare. But I Guess The Worst $ss Kisser You Have Around That Terminal Is Stanley Hall.let Me Ask You A Question With Bill And Stanley Being Family Is There A Rule With Ups That Say"s Family Cant Not Work Together As To Say Stanley Is Married To Bill"s Sister So Bill Is Looking Out For Stanley Because He Is Family And Stanley Still Getting His 45 To 50 Hours A Week And Other Driver Barely Getting 40.bill Is A Thief He Has Alot Of Things Around His House That I Know Came From Overnite Just Go In There And Ask Him And Watch The Expression On His Face.

Well if this is the case, the union is these guys worst nightmare. There favors will be over forever. There is a list of these type at every terminal and they all are anti-union. No :butt kiss: wants his super powers to be taken away and the union will be the end of there world.

I Dont Believe That If You Were Family That I Would Want To Have A Supervisor Telling His Brother-in-law What To Do. I Was Under The Inpression That If You Had Family Working Out Of The Same Center That Neither One Could Be A Supervisor. Hope They Fire His $ss

There was a rule that overnte had which is called nepitism where a supervisor can not supervise an immediate family member.

I am sure inlaws don't count.

As far as I know, Their is nothing that the union can do about company rules. If the company want to set rules, We will have to follow them. Union or not.

That Sir is a way big wrong answer.
The contract will allow the company flexibility in certain areas, work rules ARE NOT ONE!!!.
As far as smoking in company equipment goes there are sveral states that are makin that part of OSHA regs ie... part of a shared work space. and the offended party can/ will file legal action against the employer if they do not comply.
Take Care
Be Safe :funky:

did I put in them?

This is gonna be like this, everytime there is a new rule you will have to sign a piece of paper saying you understand it, 5 years later there gonna call you in the office and say mr. xxxxx on this piece of paper you signed you would not do this, here is a picture od you offending rule xxx. Thank you, here is your unemployment application.
Ok look guys when we are under a contract you will sign NOTHING except your paycheck for deposit in your local bank, exceptions of course for those who take advantage o direct deposit!!! LOL
If you sign ANYTHING presented to you by the company it may be in direct conflict w/ the contract, and if you choose to sign it you will in essence be voiding that part of the contract.
A firm hard reule we will need to learn here is NEVER deviate from the contract!
Take Care Be Safe

did I put in them?

This is gonna be like this, everytime there is a new rule you will have to sign a piece of paper saying you understand it, 5 years later there gonna call you in the office and say mr. xxxxx on this piece of paper you signed you would not do this, here is a picture od you offending rule xxx. Thank you, here is your unemployment application.
Once you're Union they can't make you sign anything. I've often refused to sign things of this nature telling them I'm not giving you any ammo to use against me....they don't like it but there's not a thing they can do about it.

justcauseio0.jpg

Bottom line:
Use Common Sense

I know The New UPS Rulebook/Handbook roll out is a serious subject. I just had to post this in here.

UPDATED EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK

DRESS CODE
It is advised that you come to work dressed according to your salary. If we see you wearing $350 Prada boots, and/or wearing a $5000 Rolex watch, we assume you are doing well financially and therefore you do not need a raise. If you dress poorly, you need to learn to manage your money better, so that you may buy nicer clothes, and therefore you do not need a raise. If you dress in-between, you are right where you need to be and therefore you do not need a raise.

SICK DAYS
We will no longer accept a doctor's statement as proof of sickness. If you are able to go to the doctor, you are able to come to work.

PERSONAL DAYS
Each employee will receive 104 personal days a year. They are called Saturday & Sunday.

BEREAVEMENT LEAVE
This is no excuse for missing work. There is nothing you can do for dead friends, relatives or co-workers. Every effort should be made to have non-employees attend to the arrangements. In rare cases where employee involvement is necessary, the funeral should be scheduled in the late afternoon. We will be glad to allow you to work through your lunch hour and subsequently leave one hour early.

RESTROOM USE
Entirely too much time is being spent in the restroom. There is now a strict 3 minute time limit in the stalls. At the end of three minutes, an alarm will sound, the toilet paper roll will retract, the stall door will open and a picture will be taken. After your second offense, your picture will be posted on the company bulletin board under the "Chronic Offenders" category.

LUNCH BREAK
Skinny people get 30 minutes for lunch as they need to eat more, so that they can look healthy. Normal size people get 15 minutes for lunch to get a balanced meal to maintain their average figure. Fat people get 5 minutes for lunch, because that's all the time needed to drink a Slim Fast.

Thank you for your loyalty to our company. We are here to provide a positive employment experience. Therefore, all questions, comments, concerns, complaints, frustrations, irritations, aggravations, insinuations, allegations, accusations, contemplations, consternation, and input should be directed elsewhere.​

Have a nice week!

THE MANAGEMENT

.....Okay lets get back on track.

That Sir is a way big wrong answer.
The contract will allow the company flexibility in certain areas, work rules ARE NOT ONE!!!.
As far as smoking in company equipment goes there are sveral states that are makin that part of OSHA regs ie... part of a shared work space. and the offended party can/ will file legal action against the employer if they do not comply.
Take Care
Be Safe :funky:

I was talking about company policy's, Like smokeing issues, uniforms, appearence, The company will have there policy's just like UPS parcel does. If there are no changes to these company rules or policy's written in the contract, We will have to follow them, union or not, Correct?

I was talking about company policy's, Like smokeing issues, uniforms, appearence, The company will have there policy's just like UPS parcel does. If there are no changes to these company rules or policy's written in the contract, We will have to follow them, union or not, Correct?

The real issue is that the rules need to applied to EVERYONE not just the guys management doesn't like. Get your cell phone cameras ready. If you get written up for smoking in a truck and the managers pet does it and nothing happens? wait and catch the :butt kiss: in the act and snap a picture. If the manager says you didn't honk your horn before backing up? get out the 30 second video in your cell and film his ''sword swallower'' doing the same thing. Then let the ball breaking begin. the:butt kiss: are in for the worst time of there lives.:biglaugh:

The real issue is that the rules need to applied to EVERYONE not just the guys management doesn't like. Get your cell phone cameras ready. If you get written up for smoking in a truck and the managers pet does it and nothing happens? wait and catch the :butt kiss: in the act and snap a picture. If the manager says you didn't honk your horn before backing up? get out the 30 second video in your cell and film his ''sword swallower'' doing the same thing. Then let the ball breaking begin. the:butt kiss: are in for the worst time of there lives.:biglaugh:

I never realized there was that much favoritism in the old "O" regime.

I might be lucky because there is no such thing going on in my barn.
Everyone is starting to understand the UPS ways and seems to be converting well.
Most of our new guys came from a much more stricter working environment and are handling it well. The "O" seniors are the ones who once resisted.
We all appear to be on the same page now. (Including the sword swallowers)

It's sad when management cannot enforce the policies uniformly.
They better start setting the precedence or those terminals will be the ones with the most grievances and possible lawsuits.

That's when UPS will wield it's UGLY sword for the management to swallow.