TForce | New Rules

Do you want the vague interpetation of generalizations or just the bare facts and brass tacks? Who else but your lord, god, king....the TM will determine it!!! :hysterical:

You mean a guy without one ounce of driving experience? what a joke! Ups is going to open itself up to lawsuits based on what a puppet thinks? I can't believe that UPS corp would ever let a Tm make that determination. Considering the management can't take a p!ss unless told to!

Rule Book subject to revisions:
This is just a brief Overview of changes and additions and more details will be available as UPS nears the release of the new rule book.​

Seniority Rules:
  • part time employees hired prior to 9/1/2006 must obtain a CDL prior to 9/1/2008 to be eligible for reclassification to a full time position. Any employee who acquires a CDL after 9/1/2006 will be eligible for a full time position as it becomes available.

Equipment:
  • All assignment of Equipment will be based on operational needs.

Linehaul:
  • Central Dispatch will coordinate and prioritize how extra loads will be moved.
  • A facility may have a formal bid more than once per year.
  • Drivers who previously exercised their seniority can't bid on the same job at a later date. They must wait until the next formal bid.
  • There is a limit of four moves as a result of additions. Bidding as a result of additions is not allowed within 30 days of bid.
  • There is unlimited bumping as a result of a work force reduction, job or run elimination without a thirty-day cut off.
  • A run must be permanently staffed if it is not going to be staffed by a bid driver for more than 12 weeks.

Promotions-Transfers-Rehires:
  • Management positions will no longer be posted at a local level. Employees desiring to be promoted must successfully complete MAPP.
  • Employees who voluntarily transfer are required to stay a minimum of one year at new service center unless approved by RVP.

Appearance:
  • Tank tops and Sleeveless shirts are now approved for dockworkers.

Attendance:
  • A first unexcused absence will result in a written warning
  • Vacations must be taken in full-week increments.
  • Vacations taken during a holiday week must be taken as a full week. (5 days plus the holiday)
  • There is a limit of four (4) tardy occurences in 60 days. A Third offense will NOW result in a final warning and three (3) day suspension.
Due to a number of facilities having already made vacation selections this process will begin with the 2009 vacation selection.

Rules of Conduct:
  • Employees may not possess illegal drugs, alcohol, or firearms on UPS Freight property or in UPS Freight equipment.

Alternate Dispute Resolution-PRB/EDR:
  • Refusal to submit to a drug test is not eligible for review by Peer Review Board.

Safety and Operating Rules for All Employees Certified to Drive A Commercial Vehicle:
  • Accident forgiveness has been removed.
  • Appeals can be made up to 15 days after follow-up ride.
  • Accident review committees will be made up of two certified driver trainers, two managers and an additional driver.
  • Employees must choose a doctore from a selected clinic for their DOT Physicals.
  • Yard Switchers must always be operated with the lights on.

Smoking Policy:
  • Effective March 1, 2008 No smoking will be permitted in UPS Freight vehicles. (Tractors and Company Cars)

Rule Book subject to revisions:
This is just a brief Overview of changes and additions and more details will be available as UPS nears the release of the new rule book.​

Seniority Rules:
  • part time employees hired prior to 9/1/2006 must obtain a CDL prior to 9/1/2008 to be eligible for reclassification to a full time position. Any employee who acquires a CDL after 9/1/2006 will be eligible for a full time position as it becomes available.

Equipment:
  • All assignment of Equipment will be based on operational needs.

Linehaul:
  • Central Dispatch will coordinate and prioritize how extra loads will be moved.
  • A facility may have a formal bid more than once per year.
  • Drivers who previously exercised their seniority can't bid on the same job at a later date. They must wait until the next formal bid.
  • There is a limit of four moves as a result of additions. Bidding as a result of additions is not allowed within 30 days of bid.
  • There is unlimited bumping as a result of a work force reduction, job or run elimination without a thirty-day cut off.
  • A run must be permanently staffed if it is not going to be staffed by a bid driver for more than 12 weeks.

Promotions-Transfers-Rehires:
  • Management positions will no longer be posted at a local level. Employees desiring to be promoted must successfully complete MAPP.
  • Employees who voluntarily transfer are required to stay a minimum of one year at new service center unless approved by RVP.

Appearance:
  • Tank tops and Sleeveless shirts are now approved for dockworkers.

Attendance:
  • A first unexcused absence will result in a written warning
  • Vacations must be taken in full-week increments.
  • Vacations taken during a holiday week must be taken as a full week. (5 days plus the holiday)
  • There is a limit of four (4) tardy occurences in 60 days. A Third offense will NOW result in a final warning and three (3) day suspension.
Due to a number of facilities having already made vacation selections this process will begin with the 2009 vacation selection.

Rules of Conduct:
  • Employees may not possess illegal drugs, alcohol, or firearms on UPS Freight property or in UPS Freight equipment.

Alternate Dispute Resolution-PRB/EDR:
  • Refusal to submit to a drug test is not eligible for review by Peer Review Board.

Safety and Operating Rules for All Employees Certified to Drive A Commercial Vehicle:
  • Accident forgiveness has been removed.
  • Appeals can be made up to 15 days after follow-up ride.
  • Accident review committees will be made up of two certified driver trainers, two managers and an additional driver.
  • Employees must choose a doctore from a selected clinic for their DOT Physicals.
  • Yard Switchers must always be operated with the lights on.

Smoking Policy:
  • Effective March 1, 2008 No smoking will be permitted in UPS Freight vehicles. (Tractors and Company Cars)

Sounds good to me. Only here do we show our all. Maybe you will post your paycheck stub to. :biglaugh:

This is why I love the internet. my tm would not let anyone read the memo and twisted it into his own B.S. Thanks Dockworker!:1036316054:

That is exactly how the 2 page new rules came out and will be in more detail when the new book comes out. I had this Info. long ago, But I don't know how to make it appear on the boards like Dockworker did, Sorry.

That is exactly how the 2 page new rules came out and will be in more detail when the new book comes out. I had this Info. long ago, But I don't know how to make it appear on the boards like Dockworker did, Sorry.

No big deal, I have limited computer skills also, I just know how to run my yap!:1036316054:

What is an unexcused absence? Having the flu? Do we need a doc's excuse if we miss a day?

This will be resolved once and for all by the union. I have made it a point to have a # written down on occurences so we all know how many excused absences there will be allowed until unexcused. We really need to get rid of the grey area.(or what I call the managers discretion):biglaugh:

Sounds good to me. Only here do we show our all. Maybe you will post your paycheck stub to. :biglaugh:

I'll never post my paycheck stub.
However this is not some sort of super secret document memo.
It's the new changes that wil appear in our new rulebook that is subject to change at anytime.
This was openly handed out to every employee as well as openly thrown out by most employees.

I'm sure other companies will compare theirs with ours.

What is an unexcused absence? Having the flu? Do we need a doc's excuse if we miss a day?

I believe it's not showing up when scheduled to work.
Calling in sick shouldn't be considered an unexcused absence, you called and notified them and it gets chalked as a sick day.
(Not sure about needing a doctors note for one day)

Follow the rules in regards to calling off, communicate with them and don't be a no show.

This will be resolved once and for all by the union. I have made it a point to have a # written down on occurences so we all know how many excused absences there will be allowed until unexcused. We really need to get rid of the grey area.(or what I call the managers discretion):biglaugh:

You seasoned vets are right! There are many gray area's in those proposed work rule changes. When announced to us we had many questions and they had "not so many" answers to each scenario we presented.