new rumor, again

doogie

TB Lurker
Credits
There is a new rumor being started, again, that NEMF is about to be aquired by UPS. Has anyone else heard it? Just wondering.

Why are you guys getting low on duct tape??? I am sorry that was wrong!!! And all the starving pygmies!!! Get-R-Done!!!

No Way!

They own Overnite. What would they want with NEMF? We are a small regional company. Saia is a better bet.

Kinda funny rumor. When I worked for JB Hunt back in the 90's we had a similar rumor and it never came to pass. Relax I am sure it is just B... S...

Moparman if you are not affiliated with NEMF then perhaps the best thing to do is to not offer an opinion just to create discontent.

I know we have two terminals in Canada, but we use several other interline carriers to service Canadian freight. So our coverage isn't as great as the competitors may think.

I hired on with Overnite just over 21 years ago.
They were running around Canada back then.
We've always done a lot with Toronto.
We have a linehaul driver from there in our terminal,just about every morning switching out loads.
Also theres always been A Montreal terminal,as long as I can remember.
So for UPS to buy another trucking company to get Canadian rights doesn't make any sence to me?

Plus the one reason you better hope your company isn't being bought for is just their rights.
Is very bad news for that companies workers.
Your land,and equipment would most likely be liquidated,and you would all be looking for jobs else where.

maybe stewie should do the same on the con-way page

what have i said to cause problems on the con-way page? i remember asking about cfi drivers getting haz-mat and doubles endorsements, and wishing a former co-worker well after a serrious accident. if i'm wrong, call me on it. don't dig too far back tho, remember i worked there til aug of last year.

what have i said to cause problems on the con-way page? i remember asking about cfi drivers getting haz-mat and doubles endorsements, and wishing a former co-worker well after a serrious accident. if i'm wrong, call me on it. don't dig too far back tho, remember i worked there til aug of last year.

your allways trashng con-ways operation because you couldn't put your time in like everybody else does:1036316054:

your allways trashng con-ways operation because you couldn't put your time in like everybody else does:1036316054:

well, had i stayed i would've been laid off. had way too many 3 hr days there. was i bitter at one point? yeah, cuz i liked it there. just couldn't survive on checks that grossed under 300 bones. after seeing what's going on now tho, i look even smarter.

well, had i stayed i would've been laid off. had way too many 3 hr days there. was i bitter at one point? yeah, cuz i liked it there. just couldn't survive on checks that grossed under 300 bones. after seeing what's going on now tho, i look even smarter.

whatever all the guys that were there when you were have bids and i bet con-way is around longer than nemf :1036316054:

whatever all the guys that were there when you were have bids and i bet con-way is around longer than nemf :1036316054:

actually last i heard everyone til the guy just above me has a bid. the person who took my spot on the welfare line was still a flex. besides, i turn buffalo every night here. i know that's not as good as a 1 pm dock bid that you have to fight to get 8 hrs, but what can you do?

as far as who will be around longer? who knows and who cares. we were both lookin for jobs when we found the ones we have. nothing is guaranteed, so enjoy the ride driver.