R&L | New Rumor

You sound a little jealous of "the boys". What's wrong, wouldn't they hire you to work the dock? Did they turn you down for a job cleaning the horse stalls? If your application had the same spelling and sentence structure errors on it, I would not have hired you either. It really seems like you have a little more knowledge of the family than just what you read on a website. Who knows, maybe one of them stole your girlfriend in high school.

I haven't applied yet. No openings in my area. I was just voicing my opinion that's all. But with all due respect to you, I would be very willing to make a friendly bet with you that R-L Carriers will be sold, once "the boys" determine that getting several million dollars would be to thier advantage,both monetarily wise and "socially" wise.Horses,housing developments,etc. My GUESS is they may well be more attuned to the "softer" side of making a living.Trucking is tuff (sorry),these "boys" weren't raised to be tuff (sorry).They've had an easy life their entire lifes.Just common sense.Again, I'm just voicing my opinion and using some common sense, and a few things in articles and tv shows that pertain to "family business", and how SOME of them tend to be sold off or run into the ground once the founder (s) is no longer in the picture.Sorry if I upset anyone in here, that was not, and is not my intention.
Is my spelling and structuring any better now? :smilie_132:

**Rumor Control**

I've listened to all these so-called rumors for 6.5 years now. I also listened to the same rumors when I worked for my last family-run company, H.O. Wolding(still family run).

If it happens...it happens...It can only be for the better. Sooner or later we will all be working for the same 4-5 LTL Carriers. Will probably be only three; UPS, FEDEX, and DHL. Also, with the driver shortage...Pay and benefits will have to get better to keep drivers.

I haven't applied yet. No openings in my area. I was just voicing my opinion that's all. But with all due respect to you, I would be very willing to make a friendly bet with you that R-L Carriers will be sold, once "the boys" determine that getting several million dollars would be to thier advantage,both monetarily wise and "socially" wise.Horses,housing developments,etc. My GUESS is they may well be more attuned to the "softer" side of making a living.Trucking is tuff (sorry),these "boys" weren't raised to be tuff (sorry).They've had an easy life their entire lifes.Just common sense.Again, I'm just voicing my opinion and using some common sense, and a few things in articles and tv shows that pertain to "family business", and how SOME of them tend to be sold off or run into the ground once the founder (s) is no longer in the picture.Sorry if I upset anyone in here, that was not, and is not my intention.
Is my spelling and structuring any better now? :smilie_132:

Well, I met the "boys" as you call 'em, of course to me, they were fellow men.
These aren't "sissy spoiled boys", these were men who understood and appreciated the work that drivers do.
They didn't make me feel beneath them, they treated me as an equal whose opinion was valued.

Are they wealthy? yea
Are they well educated? yea
Is their nose sticking up in the air? No

Could we be sold off? Yea, it's possible, but I really doubt it. This company is a money making monster.
One doesn't sell off the golden goose just because it craps in the yard once in awhile....:smilie_132:

if we do get bought out,you think we could do like a petition to keep the resorts.i think i may miss them.especially the daytona one.has anyone been to the daytona resort and got to meet harvey?