Estes | New rumors!!!

Also heard they're building a big Amazon distribution center right across the street.
We are busting our ass with this Amazon crap every day in Detroit. The Amazon Livonia gets around 10 trailers a day. Plus they will soon be opening another one within 5 miles from our barn and one in Shelby Township, though we think Flint will take care of them.

We are busting our ass with this Amazon crap every day in Detroit. The Amazon Livonia gets around 10 trailers a day. Plus they will soon be opening another one within 5 miles from our barn and one in Shelby Township, though we think Flint will take care of them.
@ 1 time Amazon Indy 050 was 44% of all terminal business. 4 vans a day & about 12 pups. We use to have a Logistics account that shipped about 17 pups a day. But that was 10 years ago. Companies will change a carrier for 2 cents a box less. von.

I noticed corporate is keeping a closer eye on things. More and more cameras are being installed at terminals.

They installed additional cameras at my son's home terminal and laid off the security guard within the past week or so. Undoubtedly as a cost-cutting measure. I'm not personally an employee but Estes is a big company so this is probably not unique to my son's terminal, you would have to think this is going on company-wide.

They installed additional cameras at my son's home terminal and laid off the security guard within the past week or so. Undoubtedly as a cost-cutting measure. I'm not personally an employee but Estes is a big company so this is probably not unique to my son's terminal, you would have to think this is going on company-wide.

I don’t want to talk bad about all the guards but some of them aren’t even worth the money. I pulled into a terminal with a load, dropped off, called dispatch, hook my set together and pulled back out to the gate. I knocked on the window to wake him up and told him I’m leaving. He sat there looking lost

I don’t want to talk bad about all the guards but some of them aren’t even worth the money. I pulled into a terminal with a load, dropped off, called dispatch, hook my set together and pulled back out to the gate. I knocked on the window to wake him up and told him I’m leaving. He sat there looking lost

I'd rather have cameras everywhere in the terminal than have 5 minutes wasted each time I enter or leave the gate as the elderly security guard struggles to read my bills, check my trailer numbers 17 times, etc etc

The whole system needs to be revamped, If you want next day service you cannot be picking up freight on the street at 7:00 pm a hour away from the terminal. Cut times mean nothing if they are not enforced. They are terrible at projecting freight volumes and how many Driver's they need in a given night.
Freight arrival times are much worse on the meets. Simple.

Freight arrivals at this company is the worst I’ve ever seen anywhere I’ve ever worked.

How will they get anything close to these number of drivers?
They seem to have trouble hiring a few here and a few there in the Midwest.
I feel sorry for the people doing the hiring if these numbers are true.

They can’t hide anywhere.

Treat people like garbage.

Went into 118 the other day which is Kokomo and most of the people that helped open that place are gone.

Heard the TM there is gaining quite the Reputation has the “ terminator “

Hearing that extra board driver position might be going away by the next bid. Going to push more bid runs and z board drivers. The new handles for the P&D drivers will give the company a better view at what’s coming back everyday

Hearing that extra board driver position might be going away by the next bid. Going to push more bid runs and z board drivers. The new handles for the P&D drivers will give the company a better view at what’s coming back everyday
We heard that on the last bid but we still have extraboard.....
Also heard we were moving towards what OD now does with extraboard, out and back home, either a turn or one night out and back home the next night.

In fairness I don' run extraboard so I don't know how they are doing it now. Just saying we heard a lot of things last time around as well.

We heard that on the last bid but we still have extraboard.....
Also heard we were moving towards what OD now does with extraboard, out and back home, either a turn or one night out and back home the next night.

In fairness I don' run extraboard so I don't know how they are doing it now. Just saying we heard a lot of things last time around as well.

Well I run extra board and my miles have been all short hauls. A few times I have been put to bed with 4 hours of drive time to go. I haven’t been less long runs

Heard that last time and we still have ours and there are way to many guys out here that run the extra board that stay out 2+ weeks at a time by there choice not Estes choice and guys that live a long way away from the Terminal that choose and beg to run the extra board and to top it all off like I told the rumor guy at our Terminal all meet and turns means you have to have the same number of road drivers at both terminals on them runs to utilize that option and another point here I run 2 laydowns and a meet on Friday and it’s usually after 9am sometimes after 10 getting back Saturday morning if that were during the week with the high volume of gold medal between these 2 terminals Estes would be hauling a bunch of Freight for free and on another side note only way to get that to work is both drivers are closed out hooked up and ready to go at the same time which is a lot easier said than done due to you can’t haul empties down the road to meet a guy with empties or hardly any freight then you have all the other Freight going to said location left at the sending terminals later on and with no extra board/ wild drivers how would you get it moved you would have to delay Freight till the next scheduled bid ran out which could be the next night then you have a delay in transit which will not help the OR out and to much of that is not a good idea so

Heard that last time and we still have ours and there are way to many guys out here that run the extra board that stay out 2+ weeks at a time by there choice not Estes choice and guys that live a long way away from the Terminal that choose and beg to run the extra board and to top it all off like I told the rumor guy at our Terminal all meet and turns means you have to have the same number of road drivers at both terminals on them runs to utilize that option and another point here I run 2 laydowns and a meet on Friday and it’s usually after 9am sometimes after 10 getting back Saturday morning if that were during the week with the high volume of gold medal between these 2 terminals Estes would be hauling a bunch of Freight for free and on another side note only way to get that to work is both drivers are closed out hooked up and ready to go at the same time which is a lot easier said than done due to you can’t haul empties down the road to meet a guy with empties or hardly any freight then you have all the other Freight going to said location left at the sending terminals later on and with no extra board/ wild drivers how would you get it moved you would have to delay Freight till the next scheduled bid ran out which could be the next night then you have a delay in transit which will not help the OR out and to much of that is not a good idea so

No I understand 100% cause I enjoy being on the extra board, something new every night. But lately I have been running the same runs for the past few weeks. Last week was the first time since the new bid I did something different. And some of the runs have been really short runs, 100 miles or just short hops terminal to terminal runs

No I understand 100% cause I enjoy being on the extra board, something new every night. But lately I have been running the same runs for the past few weeks. Last week was the first time since the new bid I did something different. And some of the runs have been really short runs, 100 miles or just short hops terminal to terminal runs

what region are you in?