Estes | New rumors!!!

Press Release
February 20, 2009
Estes to make major investment in transportation industry real estate
Richmond, VA—Estes announced today that it has entered into real estate contracts with YRC Worldwide subsidiaries YRC Inc., USF Reddaway, Inc., and USF Holland Inc., to buy and simultaneously lease back facilities located throughout the U.S. The total investment could be as much as $122 million. This move gives Estes the ability to grow its investment network of real estate properties.

Estes and YRC have a long-standing history of cooperation in the less-than-truckload (LTL) arena. The YRC logistics business unit uses Estes as a transportation service provider for its clients in the ordinary course of business. “We have also worked with YRC over the years on many real estate transactions that have included the buying, selling and leasing of properties, which is common practice in the LTL industry,” said Estes’ Director of Real Estate and Economic Development, Angela Maidment. “This is a continuation of that mutually beneficial relationship, and now is a great time for us to make this kind of long-term investment.”

Big question is: When do those leases expire? Where will the YRCW companies go when they expire?

Press Release
February 20, 2009
Estes to make major investment in transportation industry real estate
Richmond, VA—Estes announced today that it has entered into real estate contracts with YRC Worldwide subsidiaries YRC Inc., USF Reddaway, Inc., and USF Holland Inc., to buy and simultaneously lease back facilities located throughout the U.S. The total investment could be as much as $122 million. This move gives Estes the ability to grow its investment network of real estate properties.

Estes and YRC have a long-standing history of cooperation in the less-than-truckload (LTL) arena. The YRC logistics business unit uses Estes as a transportation service provider for its clients in the ordinary course of business. “We have also worked with YRC over the years on many real estate transactions that have included the buying, selling and leasing of properties, which is common practice in the LTL industry,” said Estes’ Director of Real Estate and Economic Development, Angela Maidment. “This is a continuation of that mutually beneficial relationship, and now is a great time for us to make this kind of long-term investment.”

Big question is: When do those leases expire? Where will the YRCW companies go when they expire?
They’ll probably just renew the leases on a year to year terms or if that terminal is in the same area of a current Estes that has gotten too small and can’t expand they’ll probably boot YRC out of that location.

Heard from w driver when Rob Estes wad in Toledo he said that we're going to receive biggest raise yet. Anybody can confirm that?

Heard from w driver when Rob Estes wad in Toledo he said that we're going to receive biggest raise yet. Anybody can confirm that?
I honestly can say I'm happy with our rate and the raises we have gotten recently. More is always better though. If we got .2 cpm again I'd be satisfied, .3-.5 cpm would be awesome.

I think a lot of companies will be giving pretty good raises in the next year. The economy is booming, most companies have more freight than they can handle. The labor market is really tight, combined with the driver shortage companies are really competing hard with each other for drivers.

I heard OD got a raise on d/h and fueling. What I don't get is even though Estes pays less than OD Dayton FedExF ect.( they are pretty close to pay) why Estes is more of a company that sees drivers leave to go to the other companies or a stepping stone type company. It must be something other than pay that makes Estes unattractive and not bearable enough to stay.

I heard OD got a raise on d/h and fueling. What I don't get is even though Estes pays less than OD Dayton FedExF ect.( they are pretty close to pay) why Estes is more of a company that sees drivers leave to go to the other companies or a stepping stone type company. It must be something other than pay that makes Estes unattractive and not bearable enough to stay.
No detention time....9 yrs to get three weeks of vacation..insurance is average at best

I dont see a lot of if drivers leaving to go to other companies. OD is a good company but they are harda**es and will fire you for small mistakes that would just get you a write up pretty much anywhere else. FedEx? Good company but if your linehaul you're probably going to be waiting a long time for a scheduled run and in the meantime you'll be running lots of short hops, at least from what I've been told.

I dont mean to crap on these companies, they're all good, but Estes is not Central Freight like you seem to be saying. Estes is competitive when it comes to pay. It isnt like OD is paying UPSF wages. Estes will like meet or exceed this pay raise when our time comes in Jan.

I also love that fact that it's not a public company so they dont make decisions solely on what's good for shareholders.

I dont see a lot of if drivers leaving to go to other companies. OD is a good company but they are harda**es and will fire you for small mistakes that would just get you a write up pretty much anywhere else. FedEx? Good company but if your linehaul you're probably going to be waiting a long time for a scheduled run and in the meantime you'll be running lots of short hops, at least from what I've been told.

I dont mean to crap on these companies, they're all good, but Estes is not Central Freight like you seem to be saying. Estes is competitive when it comes to pay. It isnt like OD is paying UPSF wages. Estes will like meet or exceed this pay raise when our time comes in Jan.

I also love that fact that it's not a public company so they dont make decisions solely on what's good for shareholders.

It depends on what market you’re in because I seen people get their CDL with Estes and after a year go over to OD because they offered top pay to start. Estes isn’t great and no other trucking company is but just glad we aren’t working for Central Transport lol

They’ll probably just renew the leases on a year to year terms or if that terminal is in the same area of a current Estes that has gotten too small and can’t expand they’ll probably boot YRC out of that location.
According to a news release on YRC’s website, the leases are 10 year with a renewal option. Seems they expire at the same time as the con