Estes | New rumors!!!

Seems like we go through this every year but anyone else heard it? Driver categories are combining.

Only place I ever hear it is on here. Not happening.

Most drivers are perfectly content where they are. No need to upset the apple cart to appease a few. It would p**s off a lot more people than it would make happy so there is really no incentive for them to do so.

I've said this before. If boards are combined, it would be to make all of us in theory able to work the dock. Once boards are combined, we could all be required to work the dock. You could say that bids would state no dock time but look how much integrity management has when giving line haul runs to hub board because they cry about their choice to be hub. We have 500 mile+ runs and no dock time that are hub. Management keeps giving line haul runs to hub, while extra board guys are putting in time waiting. Well, that's why they quit. Guys go extra to not work dock and hub drivers get the runs they are waiting on. Not good.

I've said this before. If boards are combined, it would be to make all of us in theory able to work the dock. Once boards are combined, we could all be required to work the dock. You could say that bids would state no dock time but look how much integrity management has when giving line haul runs to hub board because they cry about their choice to be hub. We have 500 mile+ runs and no dock time that are hub. Management keeps giving line haul runs to hub, while extra board guys are putting in time waiting. Well, that's why they quit. Guys go extra to not work dock and hub drivers get the runs they are waiting on. Not good.
You're getting worked up over nothing. There is no chance this happens. Unless ODFL combines their boards then you can get worried. Barring that happening, no way in hell they are going to do something that is going to alienate a large number of drivers.

They are trying to attract more drivers, not run them off.

Could those drivers be hearing "Banjo Music?"
We had some upper management in a few weeks ago and they are thinking it will be the largest increase Estes has ever given. Maybe even an adjustment on vacation requirements. If you want to compete you have to keep up with the Jones, or die trying

We had some upper management in a few weeks ago and they are thinking it will be the largest increase Estes has ever given. Maybe even an adjustment on vacation requirements. If you want to compete you have to keep up with the Jones, or die trying
My company doesn’t even try...