New summer bids

Sg29651

TB Lurker
Credits
So in my interview for sysco the boss said that they are getting ready for new summer bids and dropping to 4 day a week with a pool day. Now I understand because there are quite a few school contracts but how will this effect the pay. I'm new to the biz so it's all new to me. It sounds like the guys in the OK opco make a decent wage at least 65k a year for a new guy but what will the pay be like after these new bids. Is this pretty typical for other opco?

Everyplace is different, can only comment based on my experience up here. We slow down in the summer. School's out, universities aren't taking orders, and the other business in college towns drops off once all the kids leave. Here they keep us all on 5 day schedules (unfortunately) and if there's extra people they take volunteers to go home for the day no pay. I've NEVER seen a situation where someone was forced off. There's always someone willing to leave, at least here. We work so many hours we're almost begging for it. It's actually almost worse when we're slow IMO, the leftovers from the cancelled routes get added onto everyone else

Like I said, every location does things differently, but if you're worried about not getting your hours because you're the new guy I wouldn't lose sleep over it. They wouldn't have put you on at all unless they needed you.

We do not slow down at all summer is busy. We have so many camps it doubles our schools. We stay on 4 days all year our vp does not like 5 day work weeks.