Central Transport | New SW Vice President Quits

runawaytrain

Wear their scorn with pride.
Credits
Takes a less stressful job at Southeastern. I learned along time ago money can't buy happiness, guess he learned it to. You have to live a simple life. Be temperate in your habits. Avoid self-seeking and selfishness. Make simplicity the keynote of your daily plans. Simple things are best. Spend less than you earn. This may be difficult but it pays big dividends. Keep out of debt. Cultivate frugality, prudence, and self-denial. Avoid extravagance. Think constructively. Train yourself to think clearly and accurately. Store your mind with useful thoughts. Cultivate a yielding disposition. Resist the common tendency to want things your own way. Try to see the other person's point of view. And that means you Slugbug. Be grateful. Begin the day with gratitude for the opportunities. Be glad for the privilege of life and work. Rule your moods. Cultivate a mental attitude of peace and goodwill. Give generously. There is no greater joy in life than to render happiness to others by means of intelligent giving. Have a hobby, walking, golfing, carpentry, fishing. Cultivate an avocation to which you can turn for diversion and relaxation. Good luck Jeff

Looks like Chris's visit to Houston to talk to Jeff wasnt pretty....Must have made him mad...But honestly, this isnt good when your FexEx management team is coming apart at the seams....No, not good at all.

Well, we get these people from an organized and well run operation and bring them into a day care facility, it is bound to get to more than a few of them. Our benefits are changing, and equipment is getting newer (not by much on average) some linehauls and P&D runs have been updated, but in the bigger scope of things, not really that much has changed at my place. When your hired to follow CK and turn things around, yes it can come back and bite you in the but for sure.

All good and accurate posts gents. Jeff is now the 4th Fedex person to leave that CK hired. They come here smoking the dope CK is giving out but it turns out to be ragweed instead. Texas has been a huge headache for CK. Both managers in DAL and HOU quit within two months and Jeff has now quit after about 4 months. CK's hires(terminal managers) up in the states of PA and NJ have turned out to be unmitigated disasters. Sandy ain't bringin no Christmas candy to the legacy PJAX area this holiday season.

Things will never change here until Chris finds a way to shake his employee's out of apathy...and that is the only thing that will change this companies direction. We simply just dont care anymore. We need a leader that understands that the way to success is through his employee's mental attitude. Its not in a Tony Robbin's video..Chasing Greatness is something Tony would say...While he counts his millions...We need a leader that will act...and not dismiss his employee's importance. He seems to get it in his Newsletter,, but i question his leadership ability because actions speak louder than words. The same repudiate attitude is all i see. You must stop talking and start acting...Listen!!!!!One of our biggest problems are in operation's....We need the proper tools to do the job right....You cant keep crushing the customers freight by stacking on it. We need Decking.....Load Bars...Straps...We tell you what we need but you wont listen...You will never shake your employee's out of apathy until you act...When we can open the back of a trailer without seeing the freight has not shifted and been crushed like a steam roller ran over it then we will know you are giving us the proper tools...You know we have to deliver this to the customer, not you...How can we have a sense of pride in this company when we destroy almost everything we touch...Because you wont do your job!!!! We are so sick of telling you what we need...Have you lost the will to act? Anyone that has followed the train knows what i always say...You can talk until your blue in the face...You can say all the things you plan on doing..But its not what you say that defines who you are....IT'S WHAT YOU DO....IT'S WHAT YOU DO THAT DEFINE'S YOU

Last edited by a moderator:
runawaytrain,

Well said bro, exactly why i left to go to a carrier that has rack trailers and plenty of load bars. Damages are out of control for that reason plus many other reasons that won't be fixed till Vitran is deep sixed. The marketplace has Vitran fatigue, churn em and burn em.

Takes a less stressful job at Southeastern. I learned along time ago money can't buy happiness, guess he learned it to. You have to live a simple life. Be temperate in your habits. Avoid self-seeking and selfishness. Make simplicity the keynote of your daily plans. Simple things are best. Spend less than you earn. This may be difficult but it pays big dividends. Keep out of debt. Cultivate frugality, prudence, and self-denial. Avoid extravagance. Think constructively. Train yourself to think clearly and accurately. Store your mind with useful thoughts. Cultivate a yielding disposition. Resist the common tendency to want things your own way. Try to see the other person's point of view. And that means you Slugbug. Be grateful. Begin the day with gratitude for the opportunities. Be glad for the privilege of life and work. Rule your moods. Cultivate a mental attitude of peace and goodwill. Give generously. There is no greater joy in life than to render happiness to others by means of intelligent giving. Have a hobby, walking, golfing, carpentry, fishing. Cultivate an avocation to which you can turn for diversion and relaxation. Good luck Jeff

Bro you know my perspective....and it is exactly looking at it from the other point of view.....I know you weren't slicing me you were saying you know my mindset is loving what I do....and I do....Man...running waco and riesel kicked my azz today....I am tired

Personally i think they are trying to run off the senior guys, so they can re-hire people at a much lower pay scale...And let them stay forever at that low scale because of the pay freeze...Thats one way to lower cost. I bet you peddled lots of miles today bug. Gotta pay your dues. Slicing you is Kim's job, not mine. Better pep it up tonight bro..mama needs some sugar.

life is short, and way too short to keep trying to figure out this company, put it like this. how can we as " dockhands, and drivers try and figure out this company, when the ones that are "suppose to be" running the show, dont even have a front row ticket, and lack the " how to". words are what they are just words. everyone is taught at a yound age how to speak "words". But not everyone is taught, and very disiplined in following though with those "words". The videos, the paperswith "words" and numbers on how we are doing, and "not" doing right as a company dont mean a thing. Becuz all that is, is a quick and lazy way to let us know how bad as a team we are failing. It dont take a rocket scientist to know, when the big wigs take their company tour, instead of them just walking up and down the dock for 20 minutes with the t.m. and a.t.m. and dont forget the "dock" in with now looks spotless. a.k.a. the horse and pony show. they should have a Q.A. with all team members, for all shifts.we ask they tell they ask we tell. simple as that. please just take in consideration our thoughts and ideas on how we think some things around here have the potential to improve. Yes I know that is what the videos and papers on the wall say. But thats your point of view. Why not take 30 minutes of your time to hear what we have to say, and what we think. Becuz if this is how things are going to change, well put it this way, this is not the 1st time and this very well might be the last time, that upper management came in the big shiny glass door with "NEW" and "GREAT" ideas, but looking at how the USA part of vitran has not made a red cent in over 3 years, the next big change will be a big shiny chrome padlock on the gate, and a video or a phone call saying "due to lack of effort on the part of hourly employes.......... etc, well you know how that vidoe will end up sounding like

Im gonna ride this Pony until he is no more....And when hes gone i will pick myself up and dust myself off. And move on to greener pastures. Like all things in life we must learn to accept the things we cant change. What will be...will be. This is only a job...I will find another one and carry on.

You should start looking very soon runawaytrain. 4th Q loss is going to make the 3rd Q loss look good.Freight volumes way down, down 3000 bills per day since march, rates cut to attract more business and now Sandy backing up the east coast. Unless Vitran can find some money under a matress somewhere, paycuts are a coming and this time it won't be 5% like in 09.

The train never gets caught with his pants down...I always have had a back up plan, and enough savings to hold me over..My home and cars are paid for along with all my toys such as my 2 four wheelers and motorcycle. And i have no credit card debt, just a few years before i retire anyway..Slugbug tells me to wait until im able to collect medicare...But i will most likely call it quits at 62...The Train has always preached to you young guys stay out of debt...You better listen to this old timer. I have seen the big ones fall and the little ones grow...I remember when Old Dominion was just a little scrub line, and now they have the best OR in the business. I think Vitran knows the winter will be a great loss, they are prepared to write lots of it off in taxes. The shareholders know whats up....But gents, 2013 is a different story...By the end of the 2nd quarter they are not in the black...The Shareholders will cut their losses and run...Its almost a certainty..They are not sustainable in 2013. They will shut down the US

i'll stay here over the winter, try to max my hours for both a good paycheck and to make my unemployment check bigger as well if needed, then look for another job next summer. have a good holidays out there and hopefully a better 2013.

Personally i think they are trying to run off the senior guys, so they can re-hire people at a much lower pay scale...And let them stay forever at that low scale because of the pay freeze...Thats one way to lower cost. I bet you peddled lots of miles today bug. Gotta pay your dues. Slicing you is Kim's job, not mine. Better pep it up tonight bro..mama needs some sugar.

why is it people always say that? trying to run off the senior guys....I always get a chuckle out of that line

The train never gets caught with his pants down...I always have had a back up plan, and enough savings to hold me over..My home and cars are paid for along with all my toys such as my 2 four wheelers and motorcycle. And i have no credit card debt, just a few years before i retire anyway..Slugbug tells me to wait until im able to collect medicare...But i will most likely call it quits at 62...The Train has always preached to you young guys stay out of debt...You better listen to this old timer. I have seen the big ones fall and the little ones grow...I remember when Old Dominion was just a little scrub line, and now they have the best OR in the business. I think Vitran knows the winter will be a great loss, they are prepared to write lots of it off in taxes. The shareholders know whats up....But gents, 2013 is a different story...By the end of the 2nd quarter they are not in the black...The Shareholders will cut their losses and run...Its almost a certainty..They are not sustainable in 2013. They will shut down the US

As I have always told you....you will be working til 66 otherwise the shorts become a bit smaller on the social security like 28% smaller.....you will be living on rice....and you know uncle sam just keeps printing the checks

Because its true on the cost side, there is a big difference from the top of the scale to the bottom of the scale...And the pay freeze is just iceing on the cake because the new guys will never get a raise.... EVER!!!!... We say it because Vitran's bottom line numbers is all this company cares about and you of all people know that. You have Bachelor's degree in economics...That 2 or 3 dollars in pay adds alot to the bottom line...It adds up slugger...Dont make me come by your house and put a foot in your azz...Turn the heat up in your pool and hot tub and i might stay all weekend you tight azz.....We both can retire at 62 and live well...i know all you have is paid for too, so shutup you old fart...Spend some of that money bro....You cant take it with you...And BTW, beans and rice i happen to like and they contain lots of fiber...and i need to stay regular at my age. And for all you guy's wondering why a man with a economics degree would be a truck driver when honestly he could have been anything he wanted....And yes i have seen his degree mounted on his wall from the University of Texas at Austin...Why a truck driver bug? You tell them, it's not my place to tell them. But i will tell them this. Slugbug is not a arrogant man...He's not a pretentious self-absorbed man..He's a family man that always puts his family first. He's the kind of man we should all aspire to be like. And no he's not perfect and he would be the first to tell you. But his character and integrity is beyond reproach..Its no wonder why he no longer works here. He deserves better..And moved on..Like we all will do in time..

Many of us have moved on. Almost 15 years, I moved on before I was forced to move on. Was not going to wait until the ice water hit my toes as I tried to get off the sinking ship. Trust me, the Vitran Van Halen V is going to run out of electricity before 2nd Q 13. And runaway train, there ain't nothing to "write off in taxes" when you are not making a profit brother for the past 4 years.

As well, the shareholders don't know "whats up" as you said. In fact, they don't have a damn clue as to what is up and what is down. If they truly had a clue the stock would be under 2 bucks. Gaetz is worried, he is very very worried and the company is desperate as business is falling off the trucks account by account. Word has it, many legacy altitude sniffers are getting ready to vacate before end of year.

why is it people always say that? trying to run off the senior guys....I always get a chuckle out of that line

we have half a dozen senior guys working the city and they're the ones getting 6o hrs plus on average because we have a lousy dispatcher. these drivers are grossing $65k plus a year while the drivers at the bottom are starving. on average we're missing 40 plus pickups a day and no one is getting fired. i don't expect this hole to be open this time next year.