New Sysco driver

Idk if it was Sysco MN that bought us or just sysco. If it's Sysco MN there union. Would that mean we have to become union to? There are guys that want the union and I'm one of em

Idk if it was Sysco MN that bought us or just sysco. If it's Sysco MN there union. Would that mean we have to become union to? There are guys that want the union and I'm one of em
there was quite an article on this on the website FOODSERVICERUMORS.COM. and yes, you would have to be union, which is not a bad idea when dealing with sysco.

I want to be union while working at sysco. Do we have to be union just because sysco mn is union and are warehouse is a HR away? There keeping are warehouse open and everything

Welcome To the Family, or as I like to say, WTF.

I think our new boss just came from MN, and things have lightened up around here, so maybe it won't be so bad up there for you. He hired around 15 drivers, because we were being worked to death. It's funny watching the young uns now, squabbling about having to work a 4 day week (only getting 15 hours of overtime) and of course, they'd rather be off on this day or that.

I've been there six years, I was placed there by a temp agency. When I started they had just bought Bunn Capitol, so the 5 drivers directly above me got me by just a few weeks seniority, and they hired a few more after me, so that was good. We had 74 drivers then, that got whittled down to about 50, there are currently 66, I'm #40. It sucked for a few years, going up in seniority, but not having any more people below me. We're bidding for the year now, so that's how I have this info. There are 52 routes/positions, twelve of which are 4 day weeks. So if no one above me wants a 4 day week, I'll have to have one. And then there'll be 14 drivers without routes.

So I hope you have some seniority with the drivers that are transferring with you, or like me, they'll need to hire a few more for the new business they get. And thank you, you've made my stock options seem a little brighter.

Were not transferring. There keeping are warehouse open. I'm #41 out of 54 drivers. Idk what's going to happen or anything. There not really saying. Alot of drivers see this as a good thing. Idk what to think. I've heard horror stories about Sysco.

Another thing. They said the reason there keeping are warehouse open is because Fargo and Twin cities are maxed out. Idk tho. The twin cities is a big warehouse

Were not transferring. There keeping are warehouse open. I'm #41 out of 54 drivers. Idk what's going to happen or anything. There not really saying. Alot of drivers see this as a good thing. Idk what to think. I've heard horror stories about Sysco.

Its really not that bad, mgmt can be a pain in the ass, but what place are they not? The cameras...yea they are a pain too, but thats because I do things I shouldn't, you really do get used to them, I don't even think about mine much, unless I hit a big ol bump, then I look at it, I have gotten letters of concern over the camera views blah, blah, blah, most are not worth the paper they are written on. Your pay should go up! Of course they cut our incentive twice, once from ABC to DIP, then they cut DIP (driver incentive program) again, I make my money by the hour, I don't rush, don't get hurt, by contract they cain't cut our hourly pay, I try and lay back and make a good day of it, I don't care if its 12 hours or 14, its just another day in the hell hole...LOL!!! Congrats Brother!

Dianna just wants me to survive, our 4 day bids here don't mean anything, if your off on a thurs, ya still gotta be up @ 0500 to be on call till 0700, most, alot of the time we get called in, thats why I like a 5 day bid, at least I know what I'm doing day to day, plus I rack up the hours that way.