ADuiePyle | New Terminal opening date.....??

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro1driver

I don't wanna go fishing, even though i got stuff
Credits
today (monday Jan1st) i drove by the new location of the RI terminal, just to see where it is when i go and apply for a job, which actually, i applied online the other day.

the terminal is still under construction, not to mention that there are 3 seperate buildings located down there, so in all reality, i don't know which one in particular is Pyle's.......

anyone hear anything "new" as to when its supposed to be opened and running....???

thanks in advance.

Heard Fed Ex Ground is moving in next door

well there are a total of 3 buildings going up on that street, which (for now at least) dead ends. i don't know which one is for pyle. its a real easy on/off of I-295.

each building by the way, is on the same side of the street. i don't know if the other side of the street is big enough to support any type of building, i can't remember.

Drove by yesterday. 2 terminals going in and the other building looks like a big Garage/Maintenence facility. Still working on all 3. Looks like 60 plus doors on both.

Drove by yesterday. 2 terminals going in and the other building looks like a big Garage/Maintenence facility. Still working on all 3. Looks like 60 plus doors on both.

that's what i saw. but i don't know which one is for pyle. i guess someday, we will see signs out there?

Talked to a friend of mine who knows some people that work at Duie.. here's what he told me about both of the new Duie terminals they are opening in New England. The terminal in Johnston, RI..is going to be around 60 doors when it first opens sometime around March, with the ability and the room to expand the terminal up to around 100 doors. The other new terminal that they are building in Northborough, MA is going to be around 100 doors when it opens next week, with the ability to expand it up to around 160 doors... hope this helps

Talked to a friend of mine who knows some people that work at Duie.. here's what he told me about both of the new Duie terminals they are opening in New England. The terminal in Johnston, RI..is going to be around 60 doors when it first opens sometime around March, with the ability and the room to expand the terminal up to around 100 doors. The other new terminal that they are building in Northborough, MA is going to be around 100 doors when it opens next week, with the ability to expand it up to around 160 doors... hope this helps

well, at least you gave me a
"target date" of sorts, for the johnston location opening.

Rode by on friday. Still under construction. No signs as to which building it is...

yes, in fact after your other posting that you drove by, i too went and took a lokk. one of those bulidings IS FOR fedex by the way. this i am hearing from my in-law that works for UPS. anyhow, that can still be rumor, but maybe the other location in Warren is gettin small for them now...???

i find it so difficult to believe that its taking so long to put up buildings. the winter wasn't that awfully bad.

anyhow.....the waiting game continues.....

I heard that the other bulding was going to be Fedex also. Someone else said that this was not true. It remains to be seen..

I heard that the other bulding was going to be Fedex also. Someone else said that this was not true. It remains to be seen..

well from what you and i have both observed, we can see the land and space for expansion in the future if the need arises, for either of those companies. i do not know where the fedex building is in RI at least not the particular building someone else spoke of above. but i DO KNOW as i'm sure you do, that here in N.E. land is scarce and expensive. where those brand new buildings are going up right now, was all farm land and open space. making it ripe for development.

with companies merging or consolidating operations, one big building "may be" more attractive to buyers should the need ever arise to sell out. for instance, i knew of some companies that merged, that were only a mile (more or less) away from each other. why pay dual taxes and upkeep when one building (the bigger one) will do, and sell of the smaller one to re-coup your expenses..??

Opening Date

I work for Duie Pyle, in the Northborough facility, and from what i hear the RI facility will be open on June 13th. I'm sure that they are going to need more drivers since the unfortunate demise of Jevic. They had the same problems we did at our new terminal with poor work done by the contractors, and the usual setbacks.

I work for Duie Pyle, in the Northborough facility, and from what i hear the RI facility will be open on June 13th. I'm sure that they are going to need more drivers since the unfortunate demise of Jevic. They had the same problems we did at our new terminal with poor work done by the contractors, and the usual setbacks.

cool, and thanks.....

i had applied for a linehaul job, but i had to go to webster for the road test and interview........this was a few months ago too.

Went by yesterday. Had a couple trailers in the doors. Lotof cars there. Looks like it is on schedule for next week. Building next door has sign on it: Fedex Ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.