SEFL | New terminal?

mike1959

TB Lurker
Credits
When I drove for Benton I kept hearing about a new terminal in Myrtle Beach or Aynor. I was just wondering if any of you guys have info about this I work OTR out of Wilmington NC but too long of a commute for pay for local work at company I am with.Talked with a P and D driver in GA he told me they make up $22 an hour and doubles make up to 52 cpm.

Myrtle beach is still on the radar I think. The last I heard was that the land has been purchased, but they are waiting for the economy to stabilize before building. I could be wrong about this, but that was the last I heard. We do have a terminal in Wilmington, but that may be too far a commute. I hope this is helpful.

i work out of flo, the land is off hwy 501 between myrtle beach and conway and right now its nothing but pine trees. if its ever built im pretty sure it will be a small terminal, you dont pick up much freight in that area, its all deliveries there is no plants in that area. i run myrtle beach from time to time. on heavy days there are 4 to 5 drivers in that area delivering freight. we start at the nc/sc state line on 17 and work down towards george town. most of your day is spent pushing a hand truck and sitting in traffic. if you want to transfer to local check out fayetteville that isnt to far from wilmington. i hear they cant keep drivers up there.