ODFL | New Terminal

cityman

TB Lurker
Credits
It appears that OD has purchased the former Roadway Express Ft. Lauderdale terminal,which is actually located in Pompano Beach Fl. The terminal is old and needs some work. There is a contractor there ripping down the garage doors and fixing up the place. There are four OD pups in the yard probably with supplies on them.

How Many??

How many terminals have we got in Florida now??Nobody gets much north bound out of there.Bunch goes in,little out.

Pompano Beach is about 10 minutes north of Ft.Lauderdale on Florida's east coast. Old Dominion has pretty good market share here in south Fl. I would assume that they will be hiring drivers for the new terminal when it opens. Most guys would be suprised at the amount of outbound shipments down here,plenty of freight going north.

I remember reading on the roadway board when they shut down this terminal the word was it was profitable.there must be something shipping out of the area.it will also take some of the long distance runs off miami.Tyler Texas is also new on the OD website

I cant wait for ours to be done... finally getting out of the 40 door place that we have to drive through 5 other businesses to get to... To our own 80 door place that used to belong to Central.... And they are going to make us a Mini-break terminal... higher paying run, here I come.. haha.

dmtorl said:
I remember reading on the roadway board when they shut down this terminal the word was it was profitable.there must be something shipping out of the area.it will also take some of the long distance runs off miami.Tyler Texas is also new on the OD website
It is to my understanding OD is going to shut down the longview term and move its ops from there to tyler.

All of this talk of quantities of freight coming from Florida and Phoenix, something must have really changed, neither was ever known for producing much freight. I've pulled empties from Miami to Greenville, SC just to get to freight.

We FINALLY opened up a Vegas overnight (direct).. after being told that if we did... alot of our customers would switch EVERYTHING over to us...

Its been running for about 5 months now, I was the first driver on it...

By us doing that run alone, has gotten us a TON more freight going everywhere else...

According to the OD website SHV,LA is open again so as Skywalkers says it looks like LGV is being split between SHV and TYT

How many of these splits actually turn up into being a waste of time and then end up putting the 2 terminals back into 1 again? They're thinking of doing this to a terminal that split from ours a few months ago already. It'll be funny to watch all those boys transfer back and be low on the list!

How many dark terminals do you think we have.OCL used to be a dark terminal in Florida and was then split between JAX and ORL before opening up. SHV was opened once before then closed and moved to MLU.Which terminal are you referring to Billy

I'm not into mentioning names until it happens though it's West of you! The boys that went there were pretty cocky in putting the old terminal to shame for some reason.

if they believe it will work the pressure will be on the sales to make it work.If it is the one i am thinking without saying, the former occupants moved to a bigger building and were albe to survive, so should OD.When OCL split they blossomed quickly from what i have heard.OD can do it.

Old Dominion Freight Line Inc. has opened a new service center in Shreveport, La.
The 16-door facility, located on 3 1/2 acres, will serve northwest Louisiana and northeast Texas.

Thomasville-based Old Dominion (NASDAQ: ODFL - News) has plans to add as many as 22 service centers this year. At the end of 2005, the company had 170 service centers in 37 states.

Published July 14, 2006 by The Business Journal

http://biz.yahoo.com/bizj/060714/1316107.html?.v=1