Holland | New terminal

NGtHTCV.jpg

Sweet HAPPY to see our -15% money being spend up in Canada ,the same ones that voted Hoffa back in ..........................
Seems the term "Pay Back" has different meanings here in the States as it does in Canada, especially where Hoffa is concerned.

It used to be, "back in the day" there were card checks of every foreign truck even entering our yards. That was the hostler's job. No union card, that truck could drop off freight on our dock, but none of our freight was going back out the gate with him. He could drop a trailer with freight in it, but only take an empty back out. That was the way it WAS. Now nobody checks anything, non-union carriers and drivers are free to do as they please. Nobody checks anything and nobody cares. Then some wonder how trailers full of high value freight just disappear.

It used to be, "back in the day" there were card checks of every foreign truck even entering our yards. That was the hostler's job. No union card, that truck could drop off freight on our dock, but none of our freight was going back out the gate with him. He could drop a trailer with freight in it, but only take an empty back out. That was the way it WAS. Now nobody checks anything, non-union carriers and drivers are free to do as they please. Nobody checks anything and nobody cares. Then some wonder how trailers full of high value freight just disappear.
If we didn't leave with freight it would defeat the entire purpose of us showing up. That being said, there are rules we are expected to follow when we are in Holland's yard.

We only drop the trailer we bring in and leave with the trailer we are assigned. I've only bumped the dock once, and it was at the express request of a hostler. Normally, moving from the yard to the dock is expressly their job, and I would not have done so without his permission.

Not all Speedy drivers understand the rules. But I've spent much of my working life working contract jobs at union shops (prior to my life as a driver, I spent a lot of time trying to get a job at GM Oshawa) and I appreciate and respect the work rules and how they are applied to me as non-union labor. I do what I'm told and stay out of the way.

This. Holland does not own or operate a single terminal in Canada. There are no Canadian Holland Teamsters.
Well guess we do now ??? Nothing in ad or at work that says Speedy runs it ?? plus it the Canadian sheep that sealed the deal on Hoffa getting back in !!

Well guess we do now ??? Nothing in ad or at work that says Speedy runs it ?? plus it the Canadian sheep that sealed the deal on Hoffa getting back in !!
I can assure you, Wong, Speedy paid to have that terminal built. The building has Speedy's logo on it. I've been there personally. Look up the address on Google and see for yourself.

Holland has sales offices at Speedy's terminals, that's it. It's being advertised as Holland by the company because Speedy REPRESENTS Holland in Canada. Holland freight is picked up and delivered on Holland bills by the carrier contracted to represent Holland to the customers. As far as the customers are concerned, Speedy IS Holland when Holland's name is on the bill.

UPS Freight and ABF do the exact same thing, Wong. UPS Freight uses Canada Cartage, who even paints their trucks brown to really look like UPS. ABF uses multiple carriers across Canada, but the one in southwestern Ontario is called Freeway Transportation. The trucks are even ABF green.

And I promise you, not one of them is union. Even Reimer isn't a Teamster carrier. If you want someone to blame for the election, blame UPS and Purolator. UPS Canada and Purolator are the only big Teamster carriers here. Most others are Unifor, formerly CAW.

In fact, to any of you who doubt me, look up USF Holland in Toronto, Ontario. The address will come up as 265 Rutherford Road South in Brampton. There even used to be a USF Holland sign outside the building, though it was taken down last year I think. But the biggest sign on the building belongs to Speedy Transport.

Check it against Holland's terminal listings. Toronto is listed at that address, and Google will point you to it. And you will see Holland trailers there, but not one truck says Holland on it.

In fact, to any of you who doubt me, look up USF Holland in Toronto, Ontario. The address will come up as 265 Rutherford Road South in Brampton. There even used to be a USF Holland sign outside the building, though it was taken down last year I think. But the biggest sign on the building belongs to Speedy Transport.

Check it against Holland's terminal listings. Toronto is listed at that address, and Google will point you to it. And you will see Holland trailers there, but not one truck says Holland on it.
Ok ,thanks for the facts and so they are just like renting from Speedy & then telling everybody its a Holland barn , it's all a game anymore with Holland being a $$$$ A.T.M. machine for YRCW .

If we didn't leave with freight it would defeat the entire purpose of us showing up. That being said, there are rules we are expected to follow when we are in Holland's yard.

We only drop the trailer we bring in and leave with the trailer we are assigned. I've only bumped the dock once, and it was at the express request of a hostler. Normally, moving from the yard to the dock is expressly their job, and I would not have done so without his permission.

Not all Speedy drivers understand the rules. But I've spent much of my working life working contract jobs at union shops (prior to my life as a driver, I spent a lot of time trying to get a job at GM Oshawa) and I appreciate and respect the work rules and how they are applied to me as non-union labor. I do what I'm told and stay out of the way.
As the term "back in the day" means - the "rules" have changed entirely since 30+ years ago. Some of those rules have disappeared entirely due to the poor leadership at the Teamsters both at the Local level and at the top (IBT). As they say, "The fish rots from the top down"