SAIA | New terminal

Allentown pa set to open in october

It shows on the website for Allentown location- TBD( to be determined). If they were opening in October you think the address would be posted. Hell the posted Balt and had not started work on the. Leg.

It will have to be a terminal full of straight trucks if they plan on getting anything done.

That's right about straight trucks! No 102' wides thru tunnels, no haz mat of any kind thru Tunnels. Manahattan has size restrictions on streets( and they measure trucks all the time), all the boroughs have truck routes and they love to write tickets. I heard from a friend of mine that they were looking at the old Central Transport terminal in Farmingdale NY( Long Island). Saia now gives their 5 boor and Long Island freight to JP Express.

They can do like R&L and UPS Freight and say they go direct but give the freight to Truckrite in Brooklyn.

That's right about straight trucks! No 102' wides thru tunnels, no haz mat of any kind thru Tunnels. Manahattan has size restrictions on streets( and they measure trucks all the time), all the boroughs have truck routes and they love to write tickets. I heard from a friend of mine that they were looking at the old Central Transport terminal in Farmingdale NY( Long Island). Saia now gives their 5 boor and Long Island freight to JP Express.

They can do like R&L and UPS Freight and say they go direct but give the freight to Truckrite in Brooklyn.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did try to service it themselves. They run all of downtown Chicago with 6-7 straight trucks out of CGO. Also have a couple of those low clearance liftgate pups as well.

I used to deliver NYC, you gotta go over the GWB and then down through the local streets with ever other tractor trailer and the same way back. Complete pain in the butt and can you imagine the traffic. We were based in Secaucus at the time pulling out of NRT which sold one of its yards to what is now the Saia North Bergen terminal. Logistically speaking NYC is closer and easier to access from North Bergen, NJ then out on Long Island. North Bergen is next to Jersey City and 15 miles from the bridge. You leave before 530 am there's basically no traffic going over the GWB. Side note, R+L uses Sunrise Logistics in Maspeth Queens for their NYC deliveries. I used to go there twice a day to drop off loads, Brooklyn hasn't been used in over 6 years. Manhattan SUCKS driving a 53 in, and good luck if you miss your turn and have to go around the block, hope your on the clock cause it'll take a minute with all the one ways

They could use the Newark terminal to service NYC currently its only about 20 min outside the city right off 280 exit 16e its big enough to support the freight but they are only in that terminal temporarily word is they may look at getting the old FedEx Freight terminal in Newark

You've got to give Odell and management credit. They'll figure it out. Most of the HST P&D freight is worked by a third party vendor not Saia company city drivers.

ulSKY5F.jpg

Old FedEx terminal soon to be ours in early 2018. Ft.Worth Texas.

You've got to give Odell and management credit. They'll figure it out. Most of the HST P&D freight is worked by a third party vendor not Saia company city drivers.
The sad part about that is that the company drivers have to do most of the crap deliveries....They take care the Palletized Drivers unless they want to get rid of them.