TForce | New Terminals

Who in their right mind would get into driving for a living anymore??????

The industry is seriously screwed up,..............And the younger people can find a better way to make a living,....

Guess I always was a glutton for punishment

We need at least 3 barns in New England. One for northern Maine. Another in northern NH and another in southern VT. We had a barn in Bangor ME and another on the south shore of Boston back in the early nineties. They closed them when Overnite did some downsizing. Now we are growing at an average of 5% a quarter. We are behind the eight ball in both real estate and equipment. Just look at any of our major competition are doing. I just don't see the infrastructure being addressed anytime soon. Oh and forget any property maintenance, working our of these dumps does not cost UPS any money. Just look at our equipment! Nuff said.

I'm not a UPSF driver but I thought I heard they wanted to expand into ND. Then make Minneapolis a hub.

Also the younger generation seems to be having a hard time finding jobs after college. At least a lot of my friends and people I know are. And I make more money driving. And I'm not thousands of dollars in debt with student loans

I'm not a UPSF driver but I thought I heard they wanted to expand into ND. Then make Minneapolis a hub.

Also the younger generation seems to be having a hard time finding jobs after college. At least a lot of my friends and people I know are. And I make more money driving. And I'm not thousands of dollars in debt with student loans

having a skill is great. but education is still the way to go..

There are plenty state schools out there, where you can get an affordable education...Some folks want to go to a private school for English or Psychology or some other low paying career that will take them decades to pay off student loans. No income potential there.

I graduate in two weeks, ill always keep my CDL..but other than maybe a part time driving gig, I'll be damned if I drive a truck again, especially in an LTL environment..It will be my absolute last resort.

If you plan to keep your CDL just in case you also will need to keep a current Physical card.
This With the new rules if you don't renew your physical when its up and send a copy of ur card to your States DMV they remove the CDL off your license. It's not a big deal though just a hundred or so bucks every few years.

If you plan to keep your CDL just in case you also will need to keep a current Physical card.
This With the new rules if you don't renew your physical when its up and send a copy of ur card to your States DMV they remove the CDL off your license. It's not a big deal though just a hundred or so bucks every few years.

Don't forget you have to have a tanker endorsement before July 1st 2015

you can self certify. kind of like a withdrawal card for cdl. at least you can in Pa

you can self certify. kind of like a withdrawal card for cdl. at least you can in Pa
Ya you can go to an intrastate style cdl with no med card. Of course you would have to change that if you went back to driving but it really is a painless thing to do other then the trip to the dmv because I don't trust the mail or fax option when it comes to beauracrats

Word is there will be a new terminal around Antioch Il, becuz of the amount of amazon freight going to the D.C. up there. Upsf was supposed to open one in Bollingbrook, but that would make too much sense. I remember peddling that area, then having to go back to the yard on 75th. It feels like it takes forever. And freight on I-55 has blown up!!!!

This is half right; they moved us into a new terminal but Conway owns it we are just leasing it plus your tm just left San diego to heading bk to your terminal; very nice guy he really knows his stuff. The reason he was down here is because they fired 90% of the management staff and they inserted all these small pack ppl and you know the story after that.

This is half right; they moved us into a new terminal but Conway owns it we are just leasing it plus your tm just left San diego to heading bk to your terminal; very nice guy he really knows his stuff. The reason he was down here is because they fired 90% of the management staff and they inserted all these small pack ppl and you know the story after that.

Thanks 101 for the info. did not know of the firing and replacement. will he be done there now?