New Terminals

Discussion in 'Old Dominion Freight Line' started by DMT, Jan 23, 2017.

1. DMT

DMT Well-Known Member

new terminals codes showing on the OD website.
    SHM - Sacred Heart MN - Nice small town out in farm country
    OMC - Otay Mesa CA - South San Diego just north of the border

JIM BOB likes this.
  2. beyondtheflames

beyondtheflames New Member

I believe the Benson terminal is moving to Sacred Heart. While new, still only two terminals in MN.

freightman68 likes this.
  3. Polebender

Polebender polebender

There's Mac just 45 miles south of Minnesota border, Dul in Superior Wisconsin just across the border . Tmw 43 miles into Wisconsin on I 90

4. DMT

DMT Well-Known Member

Maybe, they are not too far apart, but, they are small buildings so maybe the will keep both

5. beyondtheflames

beyondtheflames New Member

Still only two terminals in MN. lol

Seems highly unlikely but could be possible. Benson did just hire their second line haul driver not long ago. lol

Big Dave likes this.
  6. DSR86

DSR86 Active Member

We closed our barn in Sacred Heart last year. I wonder if you guys are moving in there.

7. lhdrvr

lhdrvr Active Member

Sounds like the COH expansion will finally begin in April. Big management changes last week. COH terminal manager was demoted or stepped down but still employed for time being. Assistant TM quit or was fired and a dock supervisor was let go.

8. Songremainsthesame

Songremainsthesame Well-Known Member

I was through there a couple of weeks ago, everything seemed normal, but running linehaul through there always seems very disconnected from the rest of the operation.

9. Freightsup

Freightsup Active Member

New VP not messing around. Big changes to come. Should run like a well oiled machine with the new manager. Looking forward to seeing it become a major break.

10. kenneth

kenneth Well-Known Member

Can you still land a plane on the yard??Lord, remember the old pot hole yard at the old term.When it rained it was a lake.Alway's enjoyed the Motel they used back in the day.Set beside the Cracker Barrel.Just walk out the door and it was the only Sweet Tea around.lol

Freightsup likes this.
  11. Freightsup

Freightsup Active Member

LOL. A lot better than the old yard for sure. I'd guess they'll repave the yard when they build the addition anyway.

12. kenneth

I remember going in there right after they moved.Don't think they were even using half of the doors.

13. Freightsup

Freightsup Active Member

You are right. Not that long ago they had a whole end of there dock that wasn't used. It's crazy to see how they've grow.

kenneth likes this.
  14. kenneth

They let a bunch of Driver's & Dock go to.Wonder how many were called back

15. Freightsup

Freightsup Active Member

Good question. I know they took on more from IND and HAR as far as break freight, and the intention is to take on more, so you'd think they'd need more help at that point.

kenneth likes this.
  16. haulbytruck

haulbytruck Member

When did that happen? I never heard of any such cuts. If I had to bet we have added people all along. Is this fact or hearsay that drivers were let go?

17. lhdrvr

lhdrvr Active Member

There were only a handful of layoffs at COH last year and few justified terminations. As far as I know only a couple were called back. Currently things around COH are absolutely dead, even the weekends. New manager is a John from PIT. He spent the week awkwardly walking and driving around in what appeared to be a bit dazed at all that he's got to manage lol Just wait a matter of weeks until construction start on the 100 doors. Rumor is former manager was offered a "Head of Maintenance" position, whatever exactly that is. Assuming he will pass. It is a bit of a shame as he did build the business from the tiny old pot hole that'll eat a truck yard to what it is, you would think around 20 years of service would at least get him a sales position. Personally I would make them fire me so I could collect unemployment. It is true they only used 1/3 of terminal at first and gradually grew and then exploded after 2010 into the whole property. Much of the concrete has been replaced in the last 4 years. No details, just rumors of lots of drama on the dock that could be the reasons for the changes. 2nd rumor is that management wasn't writing up and even making terminations for call offs and poor performance. Is what it is, no disrespect or hard feelings to those caught up. Here's to looking forward.

Freightsup likes this.
  18. DMT

DMT Well-Known Member

Yes, I think that is the same bldg

19. Freightsup

Freightsup Active Member

Anybody hear any news on Montgomery, Illinois?

20. DMT

DMT Well-Known Member

Freightsup likes this.