ODFL | New Terminals

Not at this moment. Ideally we were hoping for the YRC yard but they're still holding it. We may end up building.
Wish we would have built a new one... Our yard is a little rough right now. We'll be out of it in ten years if this growth keeps up. Adding around 88 doors and replacing concrete at the same time, it's every man for themselves.

The new yard in Casper is very nice. Nice building and lots of room. And the yard is all concrete... No more potholes the size of a V W bug or volcano ash all over your cab!!

Supposed to be a new drop yard coming in September in Bedford, PA. Going to be for meets between COH and Harrisburg/East coast. Out staying our welcome at current turnpike meet points 1 being a customer another being a tow/service company.
Already paved. Will be open for business soon.

Supposed to be a new drop yard coming in September in Bedford, PA. Going to be for meets between COH and Harrisburg/East coast. Out staying our welcome at current turnpike meet points 1 being a customer another being a tow/service company.

Good! That tow yard, though a nice place to meet especially during the day, is way off the turnpike and at the bottom of a big ass hill. First time I saw it I thought to myself, that's gotta be a bitch during the winter...

I'd be just as worried sliding down the hill on the way in!
They usually have that part of 31 plowed - at least during most parts of the day into evening. Where it gets hairy is taking 31 outside of town to get to 30 for the hazmat route back to HAR. Most drivers are smart enough to simply refuse the hazmat route if there is snow on the ground. It doesn't take much ground cover to cause an issue with those steep grades (one is over 10%).

The issue with pulling out of that current meet spot during winter is that there's no way to get a running start since you have a stop sign and need to make a 90 degree turn before going up a hill. Dead in the water.

They usually have that part of 31 plowed - at least during most parts of the day into evening. Where it gets hairy is taking 31 outside of town to get to 30 for the hazmat route back to HAR. Most drivers are smart enough to simply refuse the hazmat route if there is snow on the ground. It doesn't take much ground cover to cause an issue with those steep grades (one is over 10%).

The issue with pulling out of that current meet spot during winter is that there's no way to get a running start since you have a stop sign and need to make a 90 degree turn before going up a hill. Dead in the water.
Is it my imagination or do all hazmat routes seem to be me hazardous then the route they're trying to keep us off?!?

Is it my imagination or do all hazmat routes seem to be me hazardous then the route they're trying to keep us off?!?

True dat! I'd rather run Eisenhower any day over US 6... never ran the Penna turnpike hazmat route... from the looks of the sign you're ok with most hazmat as long as it's not in bulk..,

Reactions: Ump
Wish we would have built a new one... Our yard is a little rough right now. We'll be out of it in ten years if this growth keeps up. Adding around 88 doors and replacing concrete at the same time, it's every man for themselves.

The new yard in Casper is very nice. Nice building and lots of room. And the yard is all concrete... No more potholes the size of a V W bug or volcano ash all over your cab!!
Is there grass there for Billy to mow?