XPO | New Thread==No Unity==No need to answer

Dockworker said:
I try to keep on the subject until someone jacks the thread and turns it into another topic. I might start to follow and reply to that. Thats my fault for not policing myself.

If it's a serious post than, the person that starts the subject should police his own topic and try and stop or remind the hijacker to stay on subject. Other members can do the same for the topic starter.
Even post a message stating that this is a serious subject and no thread jacking will be tolerated.
I've been on hundreds of message boards and I see this type of policing done.

This might sound too extreme to most and might even kill some of the fun but:
The stuff that irks me the most is stupid references to names like "Hail Miller" Are you referring to him as being ಠ▄ಠ? Do you even know him enough to say this to him when you meet him in person? I think not.
It might be fun at first but talk about back stabbing and stupid humor.

"Uncle Jerry"? Sure it's fun but is he really an Uncle to you? What kind of reference are you making?
I'm sure there are other derogatory and defamation of character comments made, I just can't remember them.

Your right, there is no unity if there are too many class clowns. who cares about how many posts and replies the Con-Way section gets. It's the qualtiy and not the quantity.
Unity starts with acting responsible and mature with the ability to explain oneself clearly with substance so others will listen. Not just jumping on bandwagons.

Lastly, If CNW is actually reading this forum do you think they would want to make comments with a bunch of whiny babies? Heck No! They are educated enough not to stoop to this level and play with the minority. Wanna play with the top than you have to think like the top.
Like Lawofone said, keep on topic make it worth reading and you just might see a difference.

okay...I'm done. I might have jumped around a bit....just my 2 cents.

Good points... But Getting off topic is natural... As was pointed out to me last year... And If the thread gets so off topic that the original post gets lost then it is the responsibility of anyone who wants to discuss the original topic to bring it back on topic...

That said, I have to agree that the idiotic refrences to people, I.E. Hier, Hail..., Etc are quite annoying, not to mention unfair as afterall the top management are people too...

And I will almost guarantee that the top brass read these boards... What better way to find out what your employee's are saying "behind your back"...

My thoughts anyway....

MG

Mozartsghost said:
Good points... But Getting off topic is natural... As was pointed out to me last year... And If the thread gets so off topic that the original post gets lost then it is the responsibility of anyone who wants to discuss the original topic to bring it back on topic...

That said, I have to agree that the idiotic refrences to people, I.E. Hier, Hail..., Etc are quite annoying, not to mention unfair as afterall the top management are people too...

And I will almost guarantee that the top brass read these boards... What better way to find out what your employee's are saying "behind your back"...

My thoughts anyway....

MG
Yeah, but I'm that they can read between the lines, and determin the legitament complaints. and adress them acordingly. you would think. But I'm disgruntled today anyway.:chairshot:

Mozartsghost said:

My thoughts anyway....

MG
Hail,Heil.So what,Why do you care what is said about these people.Are they your Friends,Are they family.Most of the F.O.S's,FOM's amdTM's think its funny and true.If it walks like a duck,looks like a duck and sounds like a duck.Most of the time its a duck.Why not call it a duck.The higher ups do read this,60 hits in one day.Even seen them here on a SUNDAY.I think we have some xgo staff who are in here with us now.saying the same trash that Is being said at the yes seminar.It seem to me that there are to many sensitive people here.

gfy said:
Hail,Heil.So what,Why do you care what is said about these people.Are they your Friends,Are they family.Most of the F.O.S's,FOM's amdTM's think its funny and true.If it walks like a duck,looks like a duck and sounds like a duck.Most of the time its a duck.Why not call it a duck.The higher ups do read this,60 hits in one day.Even seen them here on a SUNDAY.I think we have some xgo staff who are in here with us now.saying the same trash that Is being said at the yes seminar.It seem to me that there are to many sensitive people here.

Sensitivity has nothing to do with it... It's simply being "nice"... It's a concept lost on many but when people use the terms like "heil ***" or whatever, it says more about the person who makes the statement than it does about the person you are putting down... It basically boils down to childish name calling... You might as well just say *** is a Poo Poo head... It makes about the same impression...:duh:

Mozartsghost said:
Sensitivity has nothing to do with it... It's simply being "nice"... It's a concept lost on many but when people use the terms like "heil ***" or whatever, it says more about the person who makes the statement than it does about the person you are putting down... It basically boils down to childish name calling... You might as well just say *** is a Poo Poo head... It makes about the same impression...:duh:
I hate say this,I'm not a nice person.To make you and a few others happy,I will Stop calling Him hail.As in ceasar,Heil is the other guy.I know a lot of lower end boss'es are not going to be happy about this.But for you I will do it .:tribehasspoken:

gfy said:
I hate say this,I'm not a nice person.To make you and a few others happy,I will Stop calling Him hail.As in ceasar,Heil is the other guy.I know a lot of lower end boss'es are not going to be happy about this.But for you I will do it .:tribehasspoken:
I could honestly care less how you come across on the boards.... While I don't feel it's the right thing to do to namecall like that there is nothing that says you cannot do so... But that type of banter does turn off prospective Drivers that read the boards... And Con-Way could use a few more GOOD drivers...