ODFL | New to OD/linehaul

roadtrain7

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey, going to be starting off with OD on the 17th out of Commerce City, Colorado. Changing over from food service so going to take some getting use to. Definitely looking forward to not having to touch every case lol.

Was wondering how long I'd need to be on until I can look into transferring states? Been playing in snow/ice/mountains and high winds of Wyoming for a while now and eventually want out of this region. If anyone has info on Phoenix that would be great. Had stopped by there when I visited earlier this year but didn't have any openings at that time.

Overall from what I've heard talking to a few drivers and searching around on forums looks like a great place to work and looking forward to getting started.

Hey, going to be starting off with OD on the 17th out of Commerce City, Colorado. Changing over from food service so going to take some getting use to. Definitely looking forward to not having to touch every case lol.

Was wondering how long I'd need to be on until I can look into transferring states? Been playing in snow/ice/mountains and high winds of Wyoming for a while now and eventually want out of this region. If anyone has info on Phoenix that would be great. Had stopped by there when I visited earlier this year but didn't have any openings at that time.

Overall from what I've heard talking to a few drivers and searching around on forums looks like a great place to work and looking forward to getting started.

Transferring will depend on what type of head games you'll have to play with your TM. Just be lazy and don't out do others and you'll have no problem transferring.

Just have to get use to watching more than 1 trailer and messing with dollies. Once the function becomes 2nd nature it'll get better. With food service I'm use to the challenges of driving nights. We run a few shuttles to Wamsutter/grand junction/raton/Albuquerque so I'm use to trying to match time with another driver.

Just have to get use to watching more than 1 trailer and messing with dollies. Once the function becomes 2nd nature it'll get better. With food service I'm use to the challenges of driving nights. We run a few shuttles to Wamsutter/grand junction/raton/Albuquerque so I'm use to trying to match time with another driver.

Doubles is easier than a long trailer. You'll do fine. We hire guys straight out of CDL school that use to be former drug addicts and they've adapted well.

There's some that think they're super human here and are super hard workers because they pee in bottles while driving and mock the line drivers who stop just to get a soda or bag of chips.
Peeing in a bottle while driving must take some real creative hand work trying to steer,hold the bottle,and the hose,all at once. Wonder if there is a you tube video showing how to do that??

Peeing in a bottle while driving must take some real creative hand work trying to steer,hold the bottle,and the hose,all at once. Wonder if there is a you tube video showing how to do that??

The truck that I jumped into with them on the floor were MT Dew wide mouth bottles. Another line truck had a empty red gas tank that smelled of ****.

I want the you tube video showing the proper procedure.....

With the popularity of this trend I'm sure corporate is working on a how to video for us to watch in the monthly meetings. Just remember the next time you see one of our sets having trouble staying in a lane that it's not because he's texting while driving, he's eliminating the need for a pit stop and helping the world keep promises.

With the popularity of this trend I'm sure corporate is working on a how to video for us to watch in the monthly meetings. Just remember the next time you see one of our sets having trouble staying in a lane that it's not because he's texting while driving, he's eliminating the need for a pit stop and helping the world keep promises.
I wonder if that's what that XPO set I see around 0500 on my way to work is doing??? He always seems to be all over the road???

Welcome aboard! PHX currently has a waiting list so don't get too excited. But once you hit your 6 months its worth a call to see whats going on.