new to sysco in cali

jeykellz

TB Lurker
Credits
Im leaving a produce company yhat pretty much does the same duty as sysco but they dnt pay sysco money. Sysco hired me last week and im just waiting on my drug test to come back. I know its hard work long hours and it seems like maybe alot of digging orders out but im ready for the challenge. What else should i expect?i love the energy of everyone at my new site. What are the benefits of us being Union? Are we paid weekly? What are zones? Whats abc pay scale?i was told hourly is it the same? Any info would be greatly appreciated

Im leaving a produce company yhat pretty much does the same duty as sysco but they dnt pay sysco money. Sysco hired me last week and im just waiting on my drug test to come back. I know its hard work long hours and it seems like maybe alot of digging orders out but im ready for the challenge. What else should i expect?i love the energy of everyone at my new site. What are the benefits of us being Union? Are we paid weekly? What are zones? Whats abc pay scale?i was told hourly is it the same? Any info would be greatly appreciated

I responded to your other post jeykellz, the guys that train you will better explain what your local has to offer, I'm not familiar with your local union and their pay scale, you will get training, the guys you ride with will explain everything, make sure to ask lots of questions! I am happy to hear your union, it really does make a big difference here, personally I wouldn't want to work at a non-union Sysco house.

Someone who is VERY familiar with that Sysco house will be by soon to tell all the wonderful things about it, lol ;)

I'm guessing it is the Northern warehouse? Are you working from a satellite yard? All I can say is good luck. I worked for a CA Sysco for over 15 years. absolutely hated it the last 8-10 years. Transferred to another union house on the east coast and was treated like a new hire. Bottom of the pay scale and all. No longer work for that company and never will again. Have lost all desire for the job thanks to them. If you want more or better info send me a PM.

I'm guessing it is the Northern warehouse? Are you working from a satellite yard? All I can say is good luck. I worked for a CA Sysco for over 15 years. absolutely hated it the last 8-10 years. Transferred to another union house on the east coast and was treated like a new hire. Bottom of the pay scale and all. No longer work for that company and never will again. Have lost all desire for the job thanks to them. If you want more or better info send me a PM.

Just like double r said someone will be by to tell you all the wonderful things about it..lol

There are better foodservice companies out there. I was working for a company that was bought out by sysco. As soon as sysco took over I quit because I never wanted to work for sysco. Good luck with the job. It is hard work