XPO | New to threads

We all need to think positive about Con-Way and stick together. Those of you that have been here a while know that Con-way is a good home to be. They pay good, treat you good, for the most part, feed you good, etc....How many other companies honor a full week of DSR Appreciation? OR You pay little to nothing for insurance for you families, etc.

Part of the reason there are so many rumors is simple... Most people believe that Con-way is not telling the employees the whole truth... This is because of the recent changes in upper management and the fact that CWF is posting huge profits but we are being told that we are not meeting goals (Goals deliberately set to high perhaps?) and that our ICP is tanking... As well the rumors of Insider Trading and other floating Problems with SCM's not caring/listening to the Drivers...

These issues are aggrevated by people being written up for very murky reasons such as 22 minute hooks and using the restroom while on the clock... An FAC is the best "newswire" I've ever seen... You can get rumors and other info across the system in less than 24 hours....

My opinion is that CWF needs to come out to the FAC's and talk directly with the DSR's and find out the concerns and adress them directly with them as most DSR's believe that their SCM is withholding company info from them...

My 2 cents...

Yup,yup and yup.I think you hit the nail on the head Mozarts,afterall we are "co-owners" of this company but we are kept in the dark about what is going on.

Toosweet--You claim to know everything about this company. Put your money where your mouth is and tell us just what you know for sure. Well we are waiting.

Mozartsghost said:
Part of the reason there are so many rumors is simple... Most people believe that Con-way is not telling the employees the whole truth... This is because of the recent changes in upper management and the fact that CWF is posting huge profits but we are being told that we are not meeting goals (Goals deliberately set to high perhaps?) and that our ICP is tanking... As well the rumors of Insider Trading and other floating Problems with SCM's not caring/listening to the Drivers...

These issues are aggrevated by people being written up for very murky reasons such as 22 minute hooks and using the restroom while on the clock... An FAC is the best "newswire" I've ever seen... You can get rumors and other info across the system in less than 24 hours....

My opinion is that CWF needs to come out to the FAC's and talk directly with the DSR's and find out the concerns and adress them directly with them as most DSR's believe that their SCM is withholding company info from them...

My 2 cents...

I agree with you Mozartsghost but the problem is that if someone from management did come to your terminal and talk to you they will tell you what you want to hear. Not necessarily whats really happening

stefan75 said:
Yup,yup and yup.I think you hit the nail on the head Mozarts,afterall we are "co-owners" of this company but we are kept in the dark about what is going on.
As a former co-owner of a company ( CF ) where I still own worthless stock, I say you should all be aware of that term co-owner.
As I remember, our stock took a big up-swing in price after the shares were allocated, then slowly started a downward turn until the sudden end.
If stock was given to you, then you paid taxes on the grant, most times the taxes almost outweigh the worth of the stock due to IRS rules on stock grants.
Beware of corporate America bearing gifts to their employees ... :pirate:

new to threars

mozartsghost,i also agree with what you said.i always talk to our linehaul drivers to ask what they have heard.however, i don't think the TMs have any great insight into what may or may not be happening. i think they network to find out things that xgo is not telling them, after all if we are ever bought out some of the TMs would be losing their jobs.

Mozartsghost said:
My 2 cents...

I agree, but you still couldn’t trust them, I have seen to many examples over the years of upper mgmt types saying this or that wasn’t happening or going to happen and Bam it happened. Plus the attitude of our upper mgmt, they couldn’t careless what you or I or anyone else thinks since it is their way or the highway even if it is the wrong way. Remember in their minds they are infallible. Again over the years I have seen examples of XGO mistakes ex. Moving freight from one FAC to anther FAC or shutting down whole reships. (Look at XAH and XDE). XDE is so F’d up and they will not fix it until say late fall or early next year in the fear of looking like they made a mistake. I’m sorry, but working the dock 4 to 5 hours with a minimum of a 4-hour drive back is not safe.

CFer said:
I agree with you Mozartsghost but the problem is that if someone from management did come to your terminal and talk to you they will tell you what you want to hear. Not necessarily whats really happening

Good Point... I wish we had an outlet that would simply give us the facts and let us make our own opinions.... Unfortunately the facts seem to be very hard to come by lately...

the shadow said:
I agree, but you still couldn’t trust them, I have seen to many examples over the years of upper mgmt types saying this or that wasn’t happening or going to happen and Bam it happened. Plus the attitude of our upper mgmt, they couldn’t careless what you or I or anyone else thinks since it is their way or the highway even if it is the wrong way. Remember in their minds they are infallible. Again over the years I have seen examples of XGO mistakes ex. Moving freight from one FAC to anther FAC or shutting down whole reships. (Look at XAH and XDE). XDE is so F’d up and they will not fix it until say late fall or early next year in the fear of looking like they made a mistake. I’m sorry, but working the dock 4 to 5 hours with a minimum of a 4-hour drive back is not safe.

That's sad but it's the truth.....

toosweet said:
.........treat you good, for the most part, feed you good, etc....How many other companies honor a full week of DSR Appreciation? .........

No offense, but at the terminal level somone has to retire or have a baby in order to get fed and if you work nights or linehual forget it... We haven't had a provided meal for all drivers since the last "DSR appreciation week when they cooked for 4 hours on a friday... Maybe it's different at coporate... We didn't even get food when they announced the re-branding...

DSR Appreciation? A Cheap plastic mug that falls apart and maybe a free hotdog or hamburger... DSR appreciation week at this SIC was 4 days of our SCM running around giving out the plastic cups and 1 day of food cooked from 11a-3p, And if you came in after that you might get some cold food you had to reheat...
Well I guess your welcome but I just don't see the appreciation in that effort...

I like Con-way as a whole but some of the things going on recently seem Anti-Driver, and are definitly Anti-morale...

flstc2000 said:
As a former co-owner of a company ( CF ) where I still own worthless stock, I say you should all be aware of that term co-owner.
As I remember, our stock took a big up-swing in price after the shares were allocated, then slowly started a downward turn until the sudden end.
If stock was given to you, then you paid taxes on the grant, most times the taxes almost outweigh the worth of the stock due to IRS rules on stock grants.
Beware of corporate America bearing gifts to their employees ... :pirate:
Thats why i put term co-owner in quotes,management just loves to use this term.
And toosweet about drivers moanin,complaining and spreading rumors,just give us more freight and see what happens.