XPO | NEW TOY for the GREEDY Palace

Gunner119

TB Lurker
Credits

Here is the new toy for the ELITE ( Not Us ) It is a tailgate trailer. They say it's for our customers but that's just a cover. It even has a bar inside. How smart is that? Serve customers drinks and let them have a wreck . The company is liable . It cost the company over 2 million for this thing so they can party and refuse to give us a decent raise . Not to mention taking away our pension and the vacation they stole from us. I am a Strong Conservative and always been against the union but if or when it comes my way I will be for it. After 27 years here and watching the upper management take this company from the top of the hill to the gutter. After being a Driver Oriented Company to now being a Driver is TRASH I have had enough. I am too old to start over but not too old to fight. These people has no idea what leadership is. They are suppose to be College Educated and they use words like Values , Commitment , Integrity , Honesty . Heck they have no idea what the words mean. OR they think we are so dumb we don t know.
To watch the way these people has trashed the company is sad. 27 years ago I would have told you that you were crazy if you would have told me what this company has became. BUT that is what they want. OUR TRUST that people like Uncle Jerry EARNED. Well the party is over Crystal Palace. We don't trust you nor do we like you. You are no more than what you are , GREEDY WHITE COLLAR THEAVES . Just because doing something is legal doesn't make it right. Right is right and wrong is wrong. Some day over the rainbow your day is coming .By that I mean People don't do people wrong and get away with it. The good Lord Above will see to that. I honestly don't see how you people up there can sleep at night. Oh excuse me I forgot. You have no conscience . You threw that away after you put your first million in the bank.

Here is the new toy for the ELITE ( Not Us ) It is a tailgate trailer. They say it's for our customers but that's just a cover. It even has a bar inside. How smart is that? Serve customers drinks and let them have a wreck . The company is liable . It cost the company over 2 million for this thing so they can party and refuse to give us a decent raise . Not to mention taking away our pension and the vacation they stole from us. I am a Strong Conservative and always been against the union but if or when it comes my way I will be for it. After 27 years here and watching the upper management take this company from the top of the hill to the gutter. After being a Driver Oriented Company to now being a Driver is TRASH I have had enough. I am too old to start over but not too old to fight. These people has no idea what leadership is. They are suppose to be College Educated and they use words like Values , Commitment , Integrity , Honesty . Heck they have no idea what the words mean. OR they think we are so dumb we don t know.
To watch the way these people has trashed the company is sad. 27 years ago I would have told you that you were crazy if you would have told me what this company has became. BUT that is what they want. OUR TRUST that people like Uncle Jerry EARNED. Well the party is over Crystal Palace. We don't trust you nor do we like you. You are no more than what you are , GREEDY WHITE COLLAR THEAVES . Just because doing something is legal doesn't make it right. Right is right and wrong is wrong. Some day over the rainbow your day is coming .By that I mean People don't do people wrong and get away with it. The good Lord Above will see to that. I honestly don't see how you people up there can sleep at night. Oh excuse me I forgot. You have no conscience . You threw that away after you put your first million in the bank.

Marie Antoinette starved the people and then gave them rotten bread and said, "Let them eat cake". That's when the people chopped her head off along with the rest of her royal family.

Everyone has a breaking point, Gunner. I wish you the very best of luck.

15 proud years...Local 705

Ugh......... i dont know what to say to this ..
Conway has how many hourly employees? 40,000 or so? The party trailer cost 2 million. Let's do a little math.2,000,000.00 divided 40,000=50. That's $50.00/employee. If they didn't buy the trailer and gave everyone a raise, that raise would amount to less than 1 dollar per week per employee. Last I saw, Lemkeul's salary was something like 4 million. Doing the same math, he could work for free for a year with that money going to employee raises and we would all get less than 2 dollars per week. So wonderring, what you can say is that getting ticked off about such a thing as a party trailer is an exercise in futility.

There is just so much WOW here. The image plus the statement. Wish I could like this to infinity. This sums up how just about every one of us feels right now. Torn and conflicted about an investment in something that has driven you against the very essence of who you are and who you want to be.

I can only offer empathy.

Conway has how many hourly employees? 40,000 or so? The party trailer cost 2 million. Let's do a little math.2,000,000.00 divided 40,000=50. That's $50.00/employee. If they didn't buy the trailer and gave everyone a raise, that raise would amount to less than 1 dollar per week per employee. Last I saw, Lemkeul's salary was something like 4 million. Doing the same math, he could work for free for a year with that money going to employee raises and we would all get less than 2 dollars per week. So wonderring, what you can say is that getting ticked off about such a thing as a party trailer is an exercise in futility.

Closer to 20K Freight drivers. Another 20K management, shop, W&I and office staff. Plus the other businesses, Menlo, Truckload and Trailer Techs.

It's around 40K total for all of CNWY.

Apparently, these people have more money than they know what to do with, fancy tailgaiting trailers, truck rodeos, cameras, lean, race cars of the past. Wow! Out of control! Out of touch!

There is just so much WOW here. The image plus the statement. Wish I could like this to infinity. This sums up how just about every one of us feels right now. Torn and conflicted about an investment in something that has driven you against the very essence of who you are and who you want to be.

I can only offer empathy.

Do you think a DSR gets to drive THIS?!?!

If by chance a regular Joe gets to drive THIS monstrosity , I would be surprised.

I am guessing there are 22,000 unionizable employees at 272 remaining locations.

“Con-way Freight does not have a contract with the union. While the Teamsters will represent the approximately 100 Con-way Freight employees in contract negotiations, existing terms and conditions of employment with Con-way Freight’s employees in Laredo remain unchanged at this time.

This election applies only to employees at Con-way Freight’s Laredo service center and has no effect on other locations of Con-way Freight or locations of any other subsidiaries of Con-way Inc. The 22,000 employees of Con-way Freight at the company’s other 272 service centers across the U.S. continue to operate union free.

This is an excerpt from a Con-way response printed in Trucking Topics - Originally linked in a thread by Jeff - http://www.truckingboards.com/forum...ay-workers-back-union-texas-ltl-terminal.html

Con-way Workers Back Union at Texas LTL Terminal | Transport Topics Online | Trucking, Freight Transportation and Logistics News

Do you think a DSR gets to drive THIS?!?!

If by chance a regular Joe gets to drive THIS monstrosity , I would be surprised.

I am guessing there are 22,000 unionizable employees at 272 remaining locations.

“Con-way Freight does not have a contract with the union. While the Teamsters will represent the approximately 100 Con-way Freight employees in contract negotiations, existing terms and conditions of employment with Con-way Freight’s employees in Laredo remain unchanged at this time.

This election applies only to employees at Con-way Freight’s Laredo service center and has no effect on other locations of Con-way Freight or locations of any other subsidiaries of Con-way Inc. The 22,000 employees of Con-way Freight at the company’s other 272 service centers across the U.S. continue to operate union free.

This is an excerpt from a Con-way response printed in Trucking Topics - Originally linked in a thread by Jeff - http://www.truckingboards.com/forum...ay-workers-back-union-texas-ltl-terminal.html

Con-way Workers Back Union at Texas LTL Terminal | Transport Topics Online | Trucking, Freight Transportation and Logistics News

I am certain they hire a driver special to drive and set up something like that.

I agree with your numbers.

But hey, FedEx is cruising along and they got Louisville now. And these guys still got Laredo.

now I understand why I only got a 2 percent raise