Estes | New Tractors

cindig

TB Lurker
Credits
Was talking to one of our line haul drivers the other day and he was telling me that some new tractors have arrived. Internationals with the new Maxxforce engines, navistars version of the caterpillar motors. The shop guy told him that they can change the speeds, but not the horsepower, supposedly over 400 horses. He also said that there's nothing but wires and sensors under the hood, hope they bought extended warranties.

That engine is going to be a maintinance nightmare, it will take hours to remove the hoses pipes and other crap just to run the overhead, not to mention the three cooling radiators and new emissions equipment, I told them here that I would keep my 03 pre EGR till the wheels fall off if they let me! Merry Christmas to all at Estes.

That engine is going to be a maintinance nightmare, it will take hours to remove the hoses pipes and other crap just to run the overhead, not to mention the three cooling radiators and new emissions equipment, I told them here that I would keep my 03 pre EGR till the wheels fall off if they let me! Merry Christmas to all at Estes.

When is the last time you seen an Estes mechanic run the overhead on a Cummins over here? LOL

when you change an injector, they have to run it. i just dont know if they do it right

Undoubtably not too good..They told me last summer they changed the #3 injector on my 8600 and it hasn't run right since...Wrote it up several times,nothing...

i saw couple new tractors in 041, 010 and 017
also saw a new freightliner (cascadia?) single axle in 001, i'm yet to see more of these

still have to remove the rocker boxes to change them

Was told just this morning,that the rocker boxes are pre-set..No overhead has to be run(even he suggested that it be done)..But Estes has mileage periods that run the rack...But not when they change injectors...Slap'em in,put the boxes back on,take the positive off the battery,let set for five minutes,roll it out the door..Computer will automatically reset the injector..