Central Transport | New Tractors???

LTLBullet

TB Lurker
Credits
I heard that we might be getting new 2014 tractors in Memphis. My new TM told us yesterday that Florida has already received them. Anyone else hear the same?

I heard that we might be getting new 2014 tractors in Memphis. My new TM told us yesterday that Florida has already received them. Anyone else hear the same?
When a TM from CT's mouth is moving he's lying...........When they pull up on the yard and your assigned one consider it a done deal....Until then don't get your hopes up.

They did keep an order that vitran had with freightliner. They also have the glider kits which aren't really new. So you might actually get new ones because supposedly the glider kits are just being put in the midwest.

When a TM from CT's mouth is moving he's lying...........When they pull up on the yard and your assigned one consider it a done deal....Until then don't get your hopes up.
I remember our TM told us we were getting 10 new lift gate trailers but all we got were new two wheelers to be able to carry the boxes in after we broke the skids down.

We've got a new Cascadia at our barn, and the rest of our new tractors are filtering in, all gliders. I got one of the gliders, not bad at all actually.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

y7u5abed.jpg

I'm afraid to ask what they're putting in the glider kits. Glider kits used to be used when you wrecked a new truck and had a good drive train to put to use.

The usual use is to rebuild the engine, tranny and axles and put them in the glider. Then you have a brand new truck that doesn't have all the emissions garbage that a regular new one has.

Of course, knowing CT they probably just take the million mile drivetrain out of a rusted out old Sterling and throw them in.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Nope, reman everything. Detroit 60's with Meritor trans.

I would have preferred the Eaton , but it works.

They drive like brand new trucks. The whole process was done at Freightliner. CT shops only did stickers and paperwork.

The disc brakes are a bit odd, but you get used to them fast.

New Cheap truck ....................

Somebody said Freightliner was building these at the Freightliner plant, unless Matty is paying xtra $$$$ I don't see this happening.
A new Glider consists of a new frame, a new complete cab and new hood. Now you can add a EPA Detroit diesel and a rebuilt transmission with new or rebuilf rear ends.
A glider is probably the cheapest way to get a new fairly dependable new truck alternative.:shrug:

There are over 400 new units coming plus 100 remade units. Remade units are brand new but with a rebuilt rear end. Yes new motor and new tranny
All units use DEF and it helps on the regen problems.
I've seen many of them. You can think negative like Train does and bash another companies forum or know the truth

California, Florida, GA, SC, AL are getting the first phase which should be completed by August 1st.

No, all units do not use DEF. I have one of the new glider units, and there is another at our terminal. No DEF.

And the engines are reman. That's how they get around emissions. No DEF and no regen.