FedEx Freight | New tractors

You guys all forget something, all this safety, regen, underweight, EPA, environmentally friendly bull crap is being put on the cars we drive also. You know how VORADS screw up once in a while? Activating brake sensors while on cruise, when they shouldn't? Lane assist over reacting to cracks on the road, thinking it is lane stripes? All this supposed "safety" crap being added costs YOU the consumer MORE, and these systems are full of flaws. God help you when you have to go to the dealer to get it fixed!! Sooner or later we will all go back to horse and buggy, or like in the Orient, we'll all be riding bicycles thanks to Chairman OBAMA and the Climate Change environmental terrorists!!! The doomsday morons!!

Has for a while, our 2011 Durango has the same Vorad sensor the Volvos did with the little round sensor in the bumper. Love my adaptive cruise control, Momma won't use it though. :)

roog

Seen a brand new volvo headed down wv turnpike towards charleston don't know where it was headed but it had grey bumpers just like the new kw's.

We've currently got 10 brand new Volvo's on our yard and if it were up to me you could have every one of them (hopefully they'll ship them all out)!!! They all have Cummings engines with the crappy Eaton transmissions (same as the KW's) with the push button gear selectors mounted to the sides of the seat!! Nothing has changed, the interiors look exactly like the 12XXX series I used to drive, except mine had the Volvo engine with the I-shift tranny which is soooo much better IMO.

If I could get a T-680 with a stick I'd never want to give it up!!

Make that 2 a new one came on hook today gbo driver broke down.
Fred really saving on fuel with all those that are towed in. And towing while under warrenty should be covered. Just a question what kind of power do they run cummins volvo or detroit?

We need to go back to sticks
And get rid of most of the electronics
But from what I here a lot of our so called truck drivers can't drive a stick

So what you're saying is you don't like saving fuel (Auto's) and you don't like the electronics. Could it be that you're tired of the vorad screaming at you for tailgating? Just asking....

Hate to break it to you guys, but AMT's are here to stay. My Cascadia has a stick, but it's my understanding that the next one is gonna be a DT12 AMT because they save fuel and Detroit offers a serious warranty if you get a "complete" drivetrain.

I'm not fond of the idea of going down The Smasher on the Coquihalla without the stick to control it, but I suppose I'll have to wait and see what the DT12 is like.

Hopefully Eaton can get the Ultrashift to operate like the I-Shift one of these days.

Our new city KW's have a manual shift button on them if the truck seems unable to handle your current situation.

So what you're saying is you don't like saving fuel (Auto's) and you don't like the electronics. Could it be that you're tired of the vorad screaming at you for tailgating? Just asking....
Somebody is in a foul mood today. :poke:Certainly with your experience, you know you can beat on an auto just like you can beat on a manual... The big reason for going with the auto seems to be to increase the driver pool and also to lower maint costs.