Central Transport | New Trailers?

Enforcer75

TB Lurker
Credits
I heard this morning there were a bunch of new trailers comming into the system, anyone seen them? 48 or 53 roll? and any new logo changes, pjax or vitran? just wondering, were always short in GRR when it comes to trailers, would be nice to have some added to the pool.

All terminals are giving up some equipment to be auctioned off and I was told that we are getting 100 new trailers. I do not know the spec's of these trailers though.

wabash in Indiana has a ton of them sittin on their lot with PJAX on the side. no 53 rolls though, don't count on that happening.

a vitran tractor showed up in indy this week, and hauled away two of our single axle's on a flat bed. go figure, they took our two best single axle's and left the junk.

About once a week sometimes twice I have gotten a crowbar model swing door that doglegs about 3ft.to one side or the other,so I hope lol.

omg, i can relate to that, here lately though, i've been fortunate to have a roll door almost 90% of the time....but i have had the crow bar models. they are quit a piece of work. :)

New Trailers

ok, an update to the rumor that I had heard, now i have facts....WABASH NATIONAL, in Lafayette Indiana has 100 NEW trailers for PJAX, they say VITRAN on them. they are 53 swings and 48 rolls. I know this for a FACT because I have been bobtailing up there to get them myself and bringing them back to Indy. they come with a 30 day tag, and we have to send them to PIT, and then PIT is going to send them out to where they feel they need them. But they are VITRAN trailers, but they belong to PJAX. Vitran got all the 53rolls, we got the 53 swings. but atleast we got some new trailers!!

I heard this morning there were a bunch of new trailers comming into the system, anyone seen them? 48 or 53 roll? and any new logo changes, pjax or vitran? just wondering, were always short in GRR when it comes to trailers, would be nice to have some added to the pool.

One of the new ones came into our yard over the weekend, and your right its a vitran 53 swing...sigh...i was praying they were roll doors :-(

One of the new ones came into our yard over the weekend, and your right its a vitran 53 swing...sigh...i was praying they were roll doors :-(

yeah it sux, they have a ton of 53roll doors up there, but i asked my dispatcher and he said vitran is getting all of the roll 53rolls...them bastards, lol

new trailors

hey be thankful that you are getting new ones.i am on the vitran side and our raises are paying for them. like always every time we get new equipment we get no cost of living raise.