Holland | New Trailers

Tell Us More............

Are they all white? Tell us more............. hurry please!!!!!! What color are the rims? Are the tires still black? Do they have a hook-up for a button control valve to slide the tandems from inside the cab of the tractor?
Wondering minds need to know!

Benny Hill said:
Are they all white? Tell us more............. hurry please!!!!!! What color are the rims? Are the tires still black? Do they have a hook-up for a button control valve to slide the tandems from inside the cab of the tractor?
Wondering minds need to know!
There going to have green trim on them:biglaugh: CRAZY

We had a 546 series last night; the only difference I could see from the inside was the logistic bar was closer together. The spacing on the older style was too far apart. The other drivers said the outside was all white, big deal as long as we are getting new equipment.

well if the trailers are just white it means it will be easier for yrcw to reclass them to yellow or roadaway ones for when ever they decide to close usf

We have had several of the new White trailers come through Columbus. They are all white with gray wheels. Only markings are USF on the side and front and back. And Holland in small letters on the front and back. No stripes or Holland on the sides. Yes it would be very easy to convert to a Yellow trailer.

Stimpy said:
We had a 546 series last night; the only difference I could see from the inside was the logistic bar was closer together. The spacing on the older style was too far apart. The other drivers said the outside was all white, big deal as long as we are getting new equipment.

I saw one today myself. It was a 537 series. The difference in the spacing inside was nice. The new trailers have 16 in. centers where the older trailers were at 24 in. If they sell us or close us down it doesn't matter to me since it's out of our control anyway. Hey fifty years from now we'll all be dead and gone, lol.

yellow doesnt use 53 foot trailers for anything with all the redstar and dugan equiptment in the pool i am suprised they are buying more

Benny Hill said:
I saw one today myself. It was a 537 series. The difference in the spacing inside was nice. The new trailers have 16 in. centers where the older trailers were at 24 in. If they sell us or close us down it doesn't matter to me since it's out of our control anyway. Hey fifty years from now we'll all be dead and gone, lol.

That’s right ride it till it goes down, if it goes down. That was my logic at CF; you will live happier and healthier.

yellow owens roadway usf and newpenn yet roadway usf newpenn run all fairly new to brand new equiptment and latest tech while yellow works like we did in the 1980s they are still running 1980s gmc and ford tractors in the city while holland runs brand new kenworth city units new penn has brand new macks and roadway has brand new sterlings

Holland runs new city KW's? Where? Wow, I've never seen or heard of Holland having new city equipment. Owlpuss let us know where Holland is using KW's. GRIZZ

One of our road drivers told me when red star went down, that there was a hole line of new KW for red star’s fleet, in Albany Ny, but never put in service. HMES took them, for those new terminals that open in the northeast expansion.

Yes each of the 8 terminals in the NorthEast have a handful fo city KW's. RedStar orginally ordered them and after the shutdown Holland took delv. at these new terminals.

Could the all white trailers also be cheaper to buy without all the organge and yellow stripping? Why does it always have to be the end of the world, we are going out of buss. they can be remarked easy!!!

JJ most of theses guys sit around thinking the worst I've never seen more negative bunch of cry babies in my life, negative breeds negative, come on guys put some positive in your life and I think you'll be suprised that we have it pretty damn good and if you keep on mooping around about the worst that could happen then maybe you'll get your wish, oh by the way I heard that the Sun might not come up tommorow

If people would open up their eyes and take notice to other carriers trailers, they'ed realize that not many of them are multi-colored. I also believe this is saving YRCW lots of money. We had a couple of the new ones at our dock and the only difference I see in our trl's and Yellow and Roadway's is the branding. As we all move forward, my advice to all Holland men is to deliver ALL your freight each day, build good relations with all our customers, and most important, use your time wisely. Time is money. Each of us can make a difference. GRIZZ

grizz i agree i have worked at new penn and yellow in the past and i think holland is the the best to work for easy freight good conditions good equiptment i am not looking to argue with anyone its just who i like to work for the best

i was talking to a kasas city driver ex-dugan out in omaha he said they have some of red stars kenworth city units out there

JimJoe (jj) said:
Yes each of the 8 terminals in the NorthEast have a handful fo city KW's. RedStar orginally ordered them and after the shutdown Holland took delv. at these new terminals.

Could the all white trailers also be cheaper to buy without all the organge and yellow stripping? Why does it always have to be the end of the world, we are going out of buss. they can be remarked easy!!!

Yo, JJ I never said we were going out of business. At post number #4 I said; we had a 546 series last night; the only difference I could see from the inside was the logistic bar was closer together. The spacing on the older style was too far apart. The other drivers said the outside was all white, big deal as long as we are getting new equipment.

I don’t think I sound negative about that; we are growing our business every day, and hope it keep growing.:smilie_132: