Yellow | New Treminal MD/VA Line Rumor

pa-juggalo

TB Lurker
Credits
I heard rumor today that somewhere along the MD/VA line Yellow is supposed to be building a new big terminal. Does anyone know anthing about this? Sorry I don't have a better location, like I said it came through the rumor mill, but it could greatly effect freight in the area, I was told to the point of making LCP a end of line terminal.
Thanks

I haven't heard this one yet but I'll see if I can dig anything up at the grievance hearings tomorrow and Thursday and get back to you.

They have been kicking around the idea of Hagerstown (= or - a few miles or so) for a long time it seems. Elkton, MD is also a favorite for big trucking operations.

Of course, everyone said that the Tractor Supply distribution center (in Hagerstown) was going to be a YFS terminal until they put the signs up.

I think it's a rumor!

The terminal Yellow moved into last year looks fairly new. Recently Yellow had a large portion added to the back of the terminal to increase the size of the trailer lot by more than double. Currently Yellow only uses a small portion of the dock and very little of the yard. Alot of people I talk to who go through the Hagerstown terminal think that there is a change of operation coming to make Hagerstown a breakbulk terminal.
In a press release last week, it is New England Motor Freight that is going to build a new terminal on 40 acres near the intersection of I-70 and I-81.

I work for a trucking company in Williamsport MD.(DM Bowman) I haven't heard about Yellow building anything, but like Full Deck said NEMF is in Hunters Green Business park. We handle the truck part of the Tractor Supply DC along with a couple other companies in that area. I know UPSF is adding on to their terminal down the street from ours, and R&L next door is hiring.Este's is the biggest rumor going around Hagerstown, they don't have a terminal neither doe's OD. Yellow has conways old place right now, and your right they don't use much of it. ABF has a really small op out by the Pilot off 70....You'ed think one of them would expand sooner or later...of course roadway up and moved 200 employees not to long ago. FEDEX ground, just built a huge center of 81 exit..hagerstown makes a good area to go in alldirections easily from.

Full Deck said:
Recently Yellow had a large portion added to the back of the terminal to increase the size of the trailer lot by more than double. Currently Yellow only uses a small portion of the dock and very little of the yard. Alot of people I talk to who go through the Hagerstown terminal think that there is a change of operation coming to make Hagerstown a breakbulk terminal.
Well,don't know for sure but,HGR is probably going to be used as a premium next day break bulk hub,the same as CLD