new truck

dan55

TB Lurker
Credits
What is the most fuel efficient truck you can buy today. I hear the freightliner cascadia evolution gets 10 MPG but I wonder if its true and if not what is the most efficient truck?

your actual ,mileage may vary....

you cannot simply buy on advertisements or recommendations.

if one has a "lead foot", one will get lousy miles per gallon.

if one idles too much, one will get lousy mileage.

if one constantly hauls heavy freight, or constantly climbs mountains, one will not get top mileage.

dan55, i read in your bio, that you are a newbie..here, as well as a driver too..?? or are you a student in a driving school right now..???

if this is true, then try not to even get involved with what truck to buy for a long, long time.

if trucks are getting 'up to" 10 mpg's today, then into the future that'll go up a bit more.

if you are a newbie to driving, or a student in school learning to drive, and i think you are, since you asked about freight brokers, then concentrate on your learning how to drive, then get a job, do the job, gain your experience, then if you are still in this industry, and want to buy a truck, in say about 2 to 5 years from now......then inquire about truck fuel mpg's, but by then....you'd have enough experience to either continue as a driver, or you'll be out completely from this industry.

right now, as a newbie, what mpg's a truck get's is just not important..

The most fuel efficient truck to drive, is somebody else's--- drive your little car to work,jump in their truck, and use up their fuel. Go home, and don't worry about that truck till the next day:)

I hear the freightliner cascadia evolution gets 10 MPG but I wonder if its true and if not what is the most efficient truck?

10mpg?

Under ideal conditions, on a test track, running at 60 miles and hour or under.

Put a load like this behind it, then go climb over the Rockpile Mountains at 70. Bet you won't see better than 4.5.

12805523445_dfc0cfc103_c.jpg

Just sayin'.